News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

95%

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, August 31, 2003, 11:09:58 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I was just doing a little math and figured out that SPEED shows apx. 95% (or more) 4-wheel programing. To add insult to motorcyclists OUR 5% (or less) of programming is just randomly thrown where it will fit, 1am here, 11pm there, etc. In an age where motorcycles have reached new levels of popularity it seems odd that we are being pushed to the wayside!

In my opinion, I would almost rather have some designated time slot weekly for all of OUR racing that was grouped together instead of scattered throughout the week. How about Sunday nights, after all of SPEEDS precious cage coverage? Or maybe Monday nights would be better, incase of race delays? If it was all grouped together we could at least set our VCR's to tape weekly during the same time slot. I think I would rather have that over scattered live coverage (that I all too often miss  >:().

But wait! Then our inferior motorcycle racing would be cutting into all that time alotted for those infomercials that are shown during the late night hours on SPEED (after all, they are more important than actual racing, right? :-/).

Hopefully motorcyles will soon find a home on a station that actually treats us like something other than 2nd rate! :-/
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Dawn

james-redsv

They cut out a harley show yesterday to show the rain-oil delayed SS race. Give them a break man, the motorcycle viewers are only a very small percentage of the total viewers no matter how much bike racing they run. We all better be lucky to get what we get, do you think any other network will show bike racing, no, because the only people interested in MTC racing is basicly racers. A very small group of viewers. Its just a fact of life that bike racing is not as popular as NASCRAP or the NFL. Im just happy to get what little bit they do show. If it wasnt for speedvision/speed channel we would have nothing.  :o

EM JAY

I went to my local biker bar (Fatmans) to watch the VIR races yesterday and crap, nothing!  A bit dissapointed since I was there Saturday also and missed the races then also because of  ???football ???

True, somethng is better than nothing, when they show it.
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

EX#996

QuoteWe all better be lucky to get what we get, do you think any other network will show bike racing, no, because the only people interested in MTC racing is basicly racers.  If it wasnt for speedvision/speed channel we would have nothing.  :o

Sorry....

Tired of that sentiment.  There must be something we can do to encourage Speed or another network for more coverage.

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Quote    I went to my local biker bar (Fatmans) to watch the VIR races yesterday and crap, nothing!

It was worse being there and trying to figure out what to do.  Monte Nichols and I had to leave a 4PM EDT regardless to make our flights.  Didn't matter since everything got pushed to Saturday.  Race should be started by now...9AM.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteThey cut out a harley show yesterday to show the rain-oil delayed SS race. Give them a break man, the motorcycle viewers are only a very small percentage of the total viewers no matter how much bike racing they run. We all better be lucky to get what we get, do you think any other network will show bike racing, no, because the only people interested in MTC racing is basicly racers. A very small group of viewers. Its just a fact of life that bike racing is not as popular as NASCRAP or the NFL. Im just happy to get what little bit they do show. If it wasnt for speedvision/speed channel we would have nothing.  :o

SPEED cut out a motorcycle show to show another motorcycle show, that didn't effect any of the cage programming.

I have been suprised in the past how many people have told me that they were watching motorcycle roadracing on SPEED and thought it was awesome, often times asking when it would be shown again. What suprises me even more is the non-motorcycle related diversity of those people and the fact that they don't own motorcycles themselves!

OLN and FUEL are (2) channels I think of that would be prime candidates for motorcycle roadracing. As I sit here writing this, both these channels are showing programs oriented toward their programming, SPEED is showing a sunglass infomercial (10am on Monday)! If I am correct OLN already shows moto-x racing, why not roadracing too?

Motorcycles are apparently at the bottom of the priority list at SPEED, so what I am suggesting helps to take our burden off of them during valuable prime time cage programming. And if your correct, no one other than motorcycle racers watch this programming anyways, so it will just be us that are faced with the inconvenience of having to tape the racing during late night. At least it would all be in 1 block of time that we could record all at once, convenient for SPEED and somewhat convenient for us. Since motorcycle enthusiasts will only be "a very small percentage of the total viewers" on SPEED, trying to promote the sport thru prime time coverage is apparently quite wasteful.

I am not suggesting more coverage here, merely coverage that is predictable and not in the way of cage programming, I don't think that is so unreasonable?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Eddie#200

If we all raced Hardley's there would be better coverage. ;)

EDDIE98

It's all about $$$. The fact is that motorcycles don't bring $$$ to them so why would they care about it.
Did you see the sing that they showed on TV? "Hey Speed, more bikes, less nascar" and Drebber said, "I agree with you".
I just wish the cable companies would offer some European channels

Super Dave

Second bad side is that the motorcycle industry, read manufacturers, wouldn't bother pushing anyone to have these races.  They would rather advertise their motorcycles and ATV's to NASCAR fans.  Costs more to market to non motorcyclists anyway vs the current motorcyclist.  
Super Dave

Chef

QuoteSecond bad side is that the motorcycle industry, read manufacturers, wouldn't bother pushing anyone to have these races.  They would rather advertise their motorcycles and ATV's to NASCAR fans.  Costs more to market to non motorcyclists anyway vs the current motorcyclist.  

Plus, They've already got us in hand.....

I'd like to see us group together and bombard Speed with emails....

probably some of us doing it already, but i, myself dont have the address....
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

THE_D.O.C.

if i were speed channel, i'd dump all the coverage. you uppity bike racer types are hilarious. just what does speed channel owe you? nothing. bike racing deserves a back seat, and i'm amazed they show what they show.

you guys are thinking with your hearts, and not your minds. who new the bike racing community was so liberal?

Dawn

Gosh Brad...

Uppity....  I don't know....  maybe I am.

Dawn   ;D

THE_D.O.C.

aceinthehole

Quoteif i were speed channel, i'd dump all the coverage. you uppity bike racer types are hilarious. just what does speed channel owe you? nothing. bike racing deserves a back seat, and i'm amazed they show what they show.

you guys are thinking with your hearts, and not your minds. who new the bike racing community was so liberal?
Maybe u're on the wrong site, try nascar.com. ::)

THE_D.O.C.

try www.welcometoreality.com

you are sure to get offended there.  ;)