News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR 6/29 Turn 17? Great Job

Started by RLee695, July 02, 2002, 06:18:16 AM

RLee695

I'd like to thank both cornerworkers who helped 2 downed riders at the bottom of the rollercoaster on Saturday in the first LW/HW sportsman race.  I knew both riders (George Vensko and Patrick ?) and the second rider who fell was hurt badly, he and his bike lay in the middle of the track.  I was coming off the top of the hill at speed leading the LW class and their fast communication to the corner station up track gave me a waving yellow to view, slow and navigate around Patrick and his bike.  They were both still sliding as I came down the hill.

Patrick dove off the track and I cleared the incident with ease due to fast thinking and communication on their part.  Great job and thanks for being out there!!  
Robert Lee
CCS 695

TrophyGal

My husband, Alan, was working as Race Control at VIR.  His log shows that Ken Davis and Mark Bentley, two of our best and most devoted corner workers, were working Turn 17 at VIR on Sat. 6/29.

We'll see Ken and Mark again at Roebling in July and will pass along your message.  I'm sure it will please (and probably embarass) them. :D