News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Race in the rain ???

Started by smoke, August 29, 2003, 08:51:04 AM

1fastmofo

Yeah man,

I'm with everyone else, you'll be surprised how fast you can go when it's cold and wet. I did my race school in the rain and cold at the start of the year. I didn't want to ride and I was scared. After we were out there a few sessions it was ton of fun!  ;D

hdpromos

Hey smoke! You're blowing smoke! Are you predicting rain for Summit 9/5-7? That's a week away! What have you got some kind of crystal ball? I've seen 5 day forcasts by professionals who are usually wrong. But 7 days by an amateur, that takes the "cake". Don't worry about it, take it as it comes. That way you won't get so stressed! ::)

HD

twg

Weather prediction five days out is not the most accurate.  But if you plan on racing buy a spare set of wheels and rain tires.  A lot of good advice was giving already and depending on the track; rain tires handle almost as good as DOTs in the dry.  It is not uncommon to see guys dragging their knees at OHR (excellent traction track) on full wets and rain falling.

twg

am_#65_john_deere

RACE IN THE RAIN.IT'S FUN AND YOU CAN GO A LOT FASTER THAN YOU THINK YOU CAN.RAIN TIRES HAVE SERIOUS GRIP.JUST GO AND DO IT.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Steviebee and Dave Vaughn both won for the first time in the rain.  For Steve, it was the first time he ever tried rain tires, and his first time actually racing in the rain!
I led a race for the first time in the rain, but found some oil and crashed out of the lead.  Dang.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

clutch

Just dont worry about rain..it is too far off.  They called for rain back in the beginning of the year at Summit and I think we got rain mostly at night, damp track for morning practice but a dry line quickly evolved. Dont use rains unless it is soaked..this was what Dunlop man told me.  But in reality..dont listen to the weather forcast..  I am pre-registered so I am going out no matter what..hopefully I can afford rain tires but damn they are expensive!

hdpromos

Listen to Clutch. He is the voice of reality.

HD

lil_thorny

rain rules!!!
you won't believe this, but second blackhawk,
Stumpy got his first win in the rain, and I won 6 of
9 races...I think? anyway, i was scrapen the knee everywhere on my michelin rains. 1:24's in the rain!!
Benj. #30 and it was pooring!

Xian_13

If I am not mistaken... didn't Stumpy take an Overall win? Ex/Am in that rain race?
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Bsmedic

I got a set of good dunlop rain tires for sale if anyone's interested. I just want $75 for them. I have pic's if needed. Email me at Bsmedic75@yahoo.com

Thanks, Brian

lil_thorny

yep, the flag man thought that gregg was a back-marker on the white-flag lap....he was a straightaway ahead of Super Dave.

pitbtch#1

Just remember if u are going to put rains on, I think the rule book says that the race director has to declare it a wet track.  Correct me if i am wrong guys. But i am pretty sure thats what it says.

Heath