News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

S.E. WI tracks (kids/dirt/etc)

Started by Jeff, August 26, 2003, 10:53:57 AM

Jeff

Looking for places I can take my kids riding...  Dirt, pavement, doesn't matter...  Just something larger than my back yard and the poison ivy field behind my house won't do...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EmerWil

get a goat...

Goat's LOVE poison ivy!!!!!!

;D

MadXX

I believe you can ride for fun at bong recreation park.  about 8 miles of pretty flat trails you can ride on.  43 south about 30 minutes from milwaukee.  I have a friend who rides there.

If you are looking for an actual motocross track you can't beat aztalan by lake mills off of 94.  

Jeff

but does anyone know how to get ahold of anyone at aztalan?  I've tried finding info, but can't...  I'd hate to run out there and not be able to ride...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

MadXX

try http://www.aztalancycle.com

I think you need to be a member to run there but if you are you can go down when you want as long as there are no races going on.  there are working members and paying members and the membership is opening up again in november..  

andy342

Gravity Park.  1 mile north of Chilton on Hwy 57.
Excellent MX track, groomed and watered.  Open practice Tues. and Wed nights.  Also 1/5 mile banked clay oval.  In the winter they run Snocross and ice the oval.  

fantasymoto.com

Fond du Lac ATV park.  About 1-2 miles south of Fondy, hwy 41 exit VV.  This is not as 'intense' as a regular mx track but still a lot of fun.  It's a loop through the woods.   Not watered.  They also have a short kids track in full view of the parking lot for the pee wees.

fdlmx.com

These are the only ones I've gone to recently.  Otherwise the sheboygan marsh is fun in the winter.  

Wish I could ride...

Dawn

tzracer

Aztalan is members only except for races (used to be a member). Last I heard so many people were buying the country club membership (non working) that they did not have enough people to work so they were limiting the non working memberships.

A few of us ride at a place outside of East Troy. Email me if you are interested.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

the_weggie_man

Torque Center can get you all the info you need about Aztalan.

Jeff

Thanks everyone!  Good to know there are places that we can go.  I just want to make sure I can get to a place where people aren't going to mow down my kids  :-/

They're pretty good on the XR80, but don't generally deal with a lot of traffic.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

J-Janisch

Theres a race at "Azzy" (Aztaland) on September 20 and 21st, its a flattrack race and its a lot cheaper then road.  

As for an Xr 80, its not competitive, but its good for some track time.

We the Janisch's will be there racing......

andy342

I go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks to find out if I can start putting weight on it.  Don't have full range of motion either.  At least it doesn't hurt anymore.  I'm trying to be a 'good boy' but man is it boring.

And I'll get a pic of the xray when I go.