News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CBR600rr or should I wait for a 04 GSXR 600

Started by garthed, August 25, 2003, 05:05:13 PM

tigerblade

Quote I spoke with Jason of BRP (before he skipped town a few weeks ago...)

What's the story there?   ???

There were a couple of guys on the ROGUE site complaining about BRP.  I told them I'd talk to Jason if they wanted but they'd already spoken to the police.  He's gone now?
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

StumpysWife

Jason took off for Europe...didn't even tell Brian Johnson he was going.  Or his mother?  I think Brian might be still working at the shop for a little bit.  Strange indeed.

Heather

tigerblade

Wow.  They were wondering if he was going to skip town.  That's real nice, especially leaving Brian out to dry.   ::)
Younger Oil Racing

smoke

keep the info comming please cus I'm now in the same boat!!

the wife just yelled at me for placeing a deposit on the 04 gix when where shoping for a house.  So I' m left with finding a salvage ( cheep) 03 or 02, go another year on the 97 gix ( hate it) , or ask to race her street bike 02 f4i ( she has only put 100 miles on it all summer)

MAN   I stay in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I 'm sleeping with the dog for about a week I think.

Jeff

QuoteI have also heard through the grapevine that the Hondas aren't what they're cracked up to be.  I spoke with Jason of BRP (before he skipped town a few weeks ago...) and he said that of 5 or 6 customers he had with 600RRs, that ALL of them were low on power, dyno'ing in the low 80-82hp range (this was on a Mustang dyno - where your typical healthy 636 will make low-mid 90s...)

I'm not sure what kind of dyno that is, but on a dynojet dyno I was pushing 105 within 8 miles, bone stock.  Most of them are in the 114-115 range with a full system and power commander.

This isn't grape-vine (well, from me to you it is), but in my hands, it's fact...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

OmniGLH

QuoteI'm not sure what kind of dyno that is, but on a dynojet dyno I was pushing 105 within 8 miles, bone stock.  Most of them are in the 114-115 range with a full system and power commander.

This isn't grape-vine (well, from me to you it is), but in my hands, it's fact...

A Mustang Dyno is I believe what's called an "Eddy Current" dyno.  They're far more accurate than a Dynojet, which is an inertia dyno.  On average, for bikes, a Dynojet is usually ~10hp higher than a Mustang.  

So of his 6 or so customers, they saw 80-82hp on a Mustang, which is ~90-92 on a Dynojet.  The average 636 runs in the mid 94-96 on a Mustang - which relates to ~104-6 on a Dynojet.  

Maybe you got a better running one.  Or maybe Jason's customers all got poor running ones.  Who knows.  All I know is, I've heard nothing but negatives from the grapevine.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteWow.  They were wondering if he was going to skip town.  That's real nice, especially leaving Brian out to dry.   ::)

They who?  What happened?  I'm curious.  I personally liked the guy - but then again, I didn't know him all that well.  Figure SOMETHING must've happened to cause him to blow the freakin COUNTRY...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

tigerblade

QuoteThey who?  What happened?  I'm curious.  I personally liked the guy - but then again, I didn't know him all that well.  Figure SOMETHING must've happened to cause him to blow the freakin COUNTRY...

I've only been around Jason a little bit at the track.  He seemed like a nice guy to me too but you never know about people.  Someone on the ROGUE (RC51) board started a thread about BRP early in August.  I offered to talk to Jason since I knew I'd see him at the track, but they didn't want to make a big deal of it.  Guess they should have...   :-/

Person 1:

(8/4) "Has anyone had problems dealing with BRP. (www.fastbikes.us) I ordered from them and they couldn't get my part. I was told my credit card was credited but it has been a week and still no sign of my money."

(8/5) "I talked to the police today and they paid him a visit. They assured me that my money would be refunded. TB thanks for the offer but I think it's taken care of. The guys name is Jason and I would imagine that if you ask him about me my ears will catch on fire. Thanks again for the concern."

(8/5) "I called them explained the situation I was in and asked them to make note of it in case brp up and disappeared. The officer I talked to said he would do some snooping around. Two hours later brp was taking my calls and explaining that they would have the situation handled within two days. The officer also called me back and said it looked like they were doing everything necesary to provide me with a refund and to call him back if I had anymore problems. I hated to do that , but since they weren't returning my calls I'd rather be safe than sorry."

(8/12) "have you been able to get in touch with him. He's back to not returning calls."

Person 2:

(8/5) "I recently started a thread about this guy. I order a WP shock from him back in May. A few weeks ago he offered a refund, but after asking for it he has not returned my emails or calls. I suspect he is on his way to going tits up. I plan to start the necessary actions to get my money back today.

I would love to eat these words and have the shock show up today, but I don't believe that is going to happen.

If someone sees him at the track, please pass on my "hello"

(8/5) "I suspect that he is a good guy and just overextended, but that still no excuse not to return emails or calls...I will be calling him again today."

(8/13) "I quit calling last week. I filed a complaint with the BBB, am trying to dispute the charge (not sure if that will work since it has been over 60 days since the charge), and tried to contact (unsuccessfully so far) WP to verify that he is the distributor and is trying to order them.  Did you also order a shock?

Any other ideas on actions to take? I put down a $135 deposit on 4/22 for a WP shock...."

Younger Oil Racing

tigerblade

Update:

(8/26) "I talked with Brian last week and he was still working at the shop, cleaning up Jason's mess. The person that put up the funding for BRP (Mary) also called and my deposit was refunded via a cashiers check sent via overnight. Brian was certainly bummed about being left without a ride for the remiander of the season."
Younger Oil Racing