News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Weight???

Started by Team_nuclear123, August 23, 2003, 02:04:29 PM

Team_nuclear123

How heavy is your bike?

How much effort have you gone through to make it lighter?

What was the biggest change you noticed?

r6_philly

99 R6, 368 at Sportbike post-race tech. I didn't really notice nothing too significantly. The biggest thing was not putting as much gas in the tank  :P

When I switched from a stock subframe to a aftermarket one, it dropped into the 60's. However, the oem subframe would have held up a lot better during my last crash. My exhaust would not have been so totally destroyed, again...

EDDIE98

01 gixxer 600 coming in at 395

KBOlsen

Tiller... 435 dry. :o

The '98 will be streeted again someday, so it's stock.  The '00 has a streamlined wiring harness and all "extras" removed.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

MudDawg

Superbike SV700 - According to to CCS scales 353lbs.

It's going on a diet this winter though.  I'm thinking that 330 is possible.  

Pit_Girl

nate's 02 SV650 is about 35 lbs (with a race load of fuel) than stock... so he's in the 390's

since all this stuff varies bike to bike, why do you want to know?

-jennifer

Photo_Chick

Oh, I thought this was a diet thread...never mind.  ;D

Team_nuclear123

I know that bikes vary a lot, just was wondering the lenghts that people go thru to make the bikes light.

Ive been going nuts as of late, but it pays off big time!

r6_philly

Getting my R6 right down to Sportbike limit (365) was actually kind of easy, as long as you know where and what can be removed  ;) I think I can easily shave another 2-3 pounds off and make the bike below weight limit, without buying any exotic parts (subframe is the only thing I can think of that need to be replaced outside of the usual race stuff)

On this new rebuild, I have elected to not go with frame sliders, so that would save another 2-3 pounds as well... so I will be right there at the limit... I better put more gas in the tank  ;D

Super Dave

I seem to roll over the scales at 385 consistently on my 2003 R6.  I still have a stock head pipe while using a Micron slip-on.  Would like to put the bike on a diet.  Time is my big problem.  I just run out of time very often.  If I can do it, I'll go loose some weight on it over the winter.  I run with a good fuel load to keep the bike stable.
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

I have enough trouble just keeping mine running.  Really though, weight savings are insignifigent since I'm such a svelt rider! ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

charliev

03 636 384 lb's  with bout half tank of fuel. rider 200 lb's and gaining ::)