Banquet Questionaire

Started by TiffineyIngram, August 22, 2003, 01:35:36 PM

tigerblade

QuoteKris, you can wear your tux

I was joking.   ;D

I actually do own one and it's because of motorcycles (broken scaphoid and heel one month before wedding).  And I thought it would all be roses from there...   ::)  :P
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

StumpysWife

We will come to the banquet no matter where it's at or what we have to wear.  Anything to see our fellow racers again :D!

It would be great for us coming from the U.P. if it was the same weekend as the show, but I understand the concerns of those working.  And, yes, if its the same weekend, a location near the show would be great.  

No matter what, it will be fun. We've had fun with you people while standing in mud puddles.  I'm not too worried.

Just don't invite the BHF security guy Mr. Happy Pants to pound on our hotel door at 7:00 am.  That's not cool.

Dawn

QuoteI know I'm not going to want to drive from Rosemont IL to Rockford, Milwaukee, or even Lake Geneva.    

Get a designated driver or splurge for a hotel room and you should be OK.   ;)

Dawn   ;D

OmniGLH

QuoteGet a designated driver or splurge for a hotel room and you should be OK.   ;)

Dawn   ;D

Well, after working a 12-hour day on your feet - the last thing you want to do is drive 2 hours to go to some banquet.

We had a hard enough time last year making it from Rosemont to Chicago...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Dawn

QuoteWell, after working a 12-hour day on your feet - the last thing you want to do is drive 2 hours to go to some banquet.

Paul does it for racing and that is a 4-1/5 hour drive from our house.  It's everyone's preference, but personally, I would not want it held in Chicago.

Dawn   :)

KBOlsen

QuoteWell, after working a 12-hour day on your feet - the last thing you want to do is drive 2 hours to go to some banquet.
Jim - If CCS doesn't schedule the banquet on the same weekend as the bike show (which I'm guessing they wouldn't do, if the banquet is going to be somewhere else), would you still have this issue?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

OmniGLH

QuoteIf they don't do it the same weekend as the bike show (which I'm assuming they wouldn't, if it's going to be somewhere else), would you still have this issue?

No, probably not.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuotePaul does it for racing and that is a 4-1/5 hour drive from our house.  It's everyone's preference, but personally, I would not want it held in Chicago.

Dawn   :)

Yeah but there's also a different level of excitement associated with a race weekend, vs. a banquet.  (well, at least, for ME there is...)  

Heck, we all worked full days 2 weeks ago Thursday... got off work, drove all night (~14 hours straight) to Barber, unloaded the bikes, and then went riding on the track all day.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

GSXR RACER MIKE

It's less than an hour to Rockford from Rosemont going the speed limit - so it should only take you 30 minutes or so!  ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Ok, here's the deal then.

Yes, we should dress up, as you are able.

There is reason to believe that many of us are involved in the MC industry so that a banquet during the Chicago or Indy Show weekends would be bad.  I would be happy to have it at the end of January before the shows.  Daytona follows immediately, so it needs to be done early.

Reasonably formal so that people get their awards and get the opportunity to talk.  There are lots of people that support others, and they deserve their kudos.  Food is always a compromise.  Everyone will not be pleased;  we always do our best to accomodate everyone.  Again, I though the food we had two years ago was pretty good.

The BS and bench racing goes all night.  Two years ago, I left the hotel at 530AM.  We closed the bar down there in the hotel, went to one of the guys' room and continued from there.  Way fun.
Super Dave

the_weggie_man

Hopefully it won't be the night before the Steel Shoe Fund ice race!  Prepping that all day Saturday then working it Sunday with a hanger is bad news. Not to mention it cuts down on the number of racers attending the ice race.  ;D ;D

Super Dave

QuoteHopefully it won't be the night before the Steel Shoe Fund ice race!  Prepping that all day Saturday then working it Sunday with a hanger is bad news. Not to mention it cuts down on the number of racers attending the ice race.  ;D ;D

Isn't that like the same weekend as the Indy show?  Feb 19th or so?
Super Dave