ROC  aprox cost?

Started by EM JAY, August 22, 2003, 06:06:26 AM

EM JAY

Ok, what can I expect to pay to try and make it to the ROC?   Including vehicle gas, motels, entry fees, and any other etc. that I may not have concidered.  What have you all  spent?

SuperDave yes, Motels!  I don't burn thru tires like you so my tire money can go to a motel, maybe.
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Dawn

All I know is that it is out of my budget for this year (probably next year too.)

Dawn   ;)

TiffineyIngram

Howdy!  For CCS entries, your first entry is $130 (which includes your weekend gate pass), and each additional is $55.  Formula USA entries are their standard prices.

GSXR RACER MIKE

It would help if you stated how far you have to travel, what kind of mileage you get, how many hotel nights, beach front hotel or out in the sticks, how many classes are you racing, pre-entering or post entering, sharing the transportation/hotel costs with anyone, food costs for the entire trip, etc.

In order to reduce hotel costs I have slept in my vehicle during the trip instead of getting a room. My trip is 20 hours each way, I drive about 14 hours the 1st day - sleep in my truck or trailer - drive the remaining 6 hours the next day - check in to hotel as early as available and clean-up then. This saves me 2 nights hotel cost and isn't that inconvenient.

Need more specifics about your situation to give you an estimate?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EM JAY

:P :P

I'm driving from the Chicago area (Waukegan),  Driving a 99 Blazer, would like to stay where all the "cool" people are, might be able to drive the entire way if I can find someone to share the ride with, and tend to eat alot!  I would probably be pre-entering and racing 2 clasess.  

Thanks for the help!!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

K3 Chris Onwiler

A G was what I spent last year from Chicago.  Maybe $300 in entries, 1/3 of the gas for a big trailer that my buddies towed, a cheap round-trip plane ticket, a set of tires, and some inexpensive resturant food.  I stayed with a friend who lives down there.
Your setup would probably double that with solo gas expense and a motel bill.  That's why so many deserving racers don't get to go.  I probably won't go this year...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

I agree with K3 on the issues of going it alone, it's quite expensive in fuel and hotel costs. I estimate my fuel cost will be something like $350 for traveling from Rockford, Illinois and driving around while at Daytona. Hotels can be to such extremes, remember this is during Biketoberfest which is 1 of the largest motorcycle gatherings of the year in the U.S. (and it's also Harleys' 100th anniversary this year). The number of nights, how many days are during the Biketoberfest week, if the hotel has a minimum # of nights required to stay during that time, and how close to Main Street you want to be are all going to affect your hotel cost dramatically. I think you would be lucky to still be able to find a place for $60 per night that was fairly close and decent, $100 to $200 per night is probably going to be more like it if you want location. Be careful though, there are alot of crappy hotels down there too, that have had alot of hard miles on them (try and get pictures online of the place and a room if possible - unless you don't care). Also many of the hotels don't have room for trailers, depending on when you arrive and depart this could be an issue also (before and after being able to leave your trailer at the track).

I would also run more than 2 classes if your going all the way to the ROC. Who cares where your starting on the grid in the extra classes, just have fun and get this rare Daytona track time while you can! If there are races earlier in the event that you could run before your actual races I would run at least 2 extra, it will help you get use to the place and be more competative during the 2 original races you planned on.

Super Dave

MJ's bike is not terribly fast, so entering more classes isn't going to help him too much.  Just doesn't have any real top speed.  A Grand is always a good budget.  Deland is a nice place to stay.  Reasonable in cost.  The practice day with Team Hammer is good on Wednesday if you've never been to Daytona, and I always take the time to do it myself.
Super Dave

charliev

You may want to get together and try renting a house. I live in daytona (ponce inlet) an have friends that list on the internet. It can get pricey but split 6 ways not bad and your on the beach in some fab places. Not sure how i can help but email i may be able to ans. some questions. I work across from  the speedway so i know the area.

EM JAY

;)  Dave, thanks for the wording by saying "MJ's bike is not terrably fast"  instead of saying MJ isn't very fast!   ;D

Charliev, I'll try and get in touch with ya a little later, gotta figure on scrapping together some $$$!!

Thanks all!!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

G1K@work

I gather by the nature of this post, that there is no camping at the track?

R

Fast4fun

Racer,
I might be interested in going. Can you tow another bike? I will have to scrap together the finances, but I am seriously considering it. I'm In Chicago.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI gather by the nature of this post, that there is no camping at the track?

R

Daytona security very promptly expedites everyone out of the track 1 hour after the conclusion of the last race. I don't know if they allow motorhomes to stay on the grounds outside of the track or not?

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteRacer,
I might be interested in going. Can you tow another bike? I will have to scrap together the finances, but I am seriously considering it. I'm In Chicago.

I have been tossing around combining the trip with others myself. I live in Rockford Illinois and I have plenty of room in my trailer (26') and tow it with an '02 F-250 Crewcab Turbo Diesel Pick-up, so I have room there too. It's just a matter of lodging and the number of days everybody could go for. Two beds and an air matress worked for a previous trip I made to Daytona, splitting the costs 3 or 4 ways makes a huge difference in fuel and hotel costs (leaves extra $ for tires and extra races!).

The only pain in the butt can be when people want to do different things at the same time but only 1 vehicle, that's when bringing along a street bike or bicycle is a good idea.

I figured it out and 3 people splitting the fuel and hotel cost would run about $350 to $450 each, depending on how many hotel nights. The prices I checked at the Super 8 by the track and by the ocean are running $180 per night Thursday thru Sunday nights!  :o The earlier part of the week is regular rates so it averages out to overall not be too bad.

If you guys might be interested let me know, this is sounding better by the minute! :)

Super Dave

Quote;)  Dave, thanks for the wording by saying "MJ's bike is not terrably fast"  instead of saying MJ isn't very fast!   ;D

LOL, well, since I raced one...I know all too well how slow they are.  I don't think your brother really realizes how slow your bike is...LOL!
Super Dave

EM JAY

;D    ;D    ;D
LOL, well, since I raced one...I know all too well how slow they are.  I don't think your brother really realizes how slow your bike is...LOL!

I think he confuses himself with my street bike alot of the time!

Hey, I'm totally up on sharing costs, I think it would be more fun for me also since I'm still new and just getting to meet more people so that would be great.   Keep me posted!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest

Fast4fun

Racer, I would be accommadating. I plan only on racing and I have plenty of time. But, I am still working out the details for financial reasons. It is sounding better if more people go. I don't want to pass up the opportunity. I'll check up with this post regularly. BTW, I should be at BHF next week. Maybe I'll see you there.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

TreyBone

To go and have a good time and really enjoy the Daytona experience...  I wouldn't leave the house unless I had at least 2000.00 in my pocket.

r6_philly

each time I go I plan on keeping it under 1k and always double what I had in mind. this time I am going to stick to budget though  :D

ya right...

it will blow a big hole in your wallet, and thats when nothing goes wrong  :o