News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Weight on foot-pegs in turn -How much on which peg

Started by MJFRacing, August 19, 2003, 11:06:58 PM

Rick Beggs

i find the best place to test this theory is in the rain, weight on the inside, bike slides, weight on the outside, (top), bike slides much less. depends on weather u want to slide or not, and how much
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

Nbot

I thought this post was pretty helpful, especially the pics of the inside foot on the ball and the outside on the heel, mainly for stronger positioning and less physical stress on joints......
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47666&highlight=feet+weight+corner

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

My 2 cents...
I know we're all looking for ways to go faster all the time. I don't know if asking everyone on this thread is going to help you. If anything I think I would get more confused listening to everyones opinions.
Everyone has a different riding style. We still can't get riders to agree on how a bike steers. 2 people might mean the same thing but word it differently. Or say the same thing but do it differently.
My thought on that is to go faster you should only listen to someone from an accredited school. That is their job. They have to decifer what your thinking and explain it to you so you understand. If you ask even some fast pro racers they can't give you answers. They just say I don't know I just go through the corner. A good riding school will be able to explain to you how and why things work where you can understand it.
Watch videos over and over of faster pro level riders and see what they do that your not doing. There is a lot to learn from watching videos of faster riders. Watch were their weight on the bike is on certain parts of the turns.
But then again you will see 2 different riding styles and they both work and go fast.
You have to expirement on your own and study all the info to figure out what works and what doesn't work.
Racing isn't some learn overnight thing. It takes years practice, a lot of money, and many crashes to learn what works and what doesn't. You can't skip any of those. I've been racing for over 23 years and I'm 28 yrs old.
Most of the fastest guys racing have been doing it for many many years.
Track time is one of the best things you can invest in. Not entering races but practice days or schools. When your racing most guys just focus on beating the guy in front of them instead of learning. Go to track days and ride with faster guys and learn.
Ride a dirt bike and learn how to slide. All the answers to your questions will start popping into your head. Riding a dirt bike is very similar to roadracing. There are point where you body weight will be in different place compared to roadracing but it is very close.
Just my 2 cents...
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Super Dave

Jason, I thought you were older...

Additional think to think about is body type.  How Jason DiSalvo gets a bike to work is going to be different from Dale Quarterley...where your body mass is, leg length, etc.

I have short legs and a longer upper torso...Makes how I do things different.  Never look at things one dimensionally.
Super Dave