News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Barber Amusement Park

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, August 18, 2003, 02:33:45 PM

ecumike

On my priller 250, in my one and only dry race I got in before my piston blew, I had 48's to a couple 47's.

Not that fast. I figure I could have dropped a couple seconds if I would have raced the rest of the weekend  :(

Super Dave

Really looking for a good 600 or 750 time...

What track was the gearing like?  
Super Dave

ecumike

I know this probably won't help you alot but I'm gonna tell you anyways :P

It was like no other. There wasn't much of any kinda straight. It was ALL turning and elevation changes.

I usually run 14/41 at VIR and it's perfect, top out right at the end of the straight, just at the brake markers, only 1-2 turns where gearing is not the best. (run out)

I ran 13/41 at barber and barely got into 6th gear. Although it was just about right for turns (no mid-turn shifts)

621r6

I was doing 41's (slow) on my R6 with 15/49 gearing but I still wasn't comfortable with the track :-/

james-redsv

QuoteNow, now, now...  I've met Mr Barber on numerous occasions.  Bring a generator.  He put up millions and millions of his own dollars on this.  Least you can to is be prepared yourself.

Dave I have never been to a nicer track than Barber, but I have to repeat HE NEEDS TO ADD POWER. Even Roebling Road and Jennings GP have power. There is no reason to not do this when the money is there, which it obviously is. I would rather buy tires than have to buy a generator for $500 for the only track in the southeast that doesnt have power hook-ups. :P

TrophyGal

Wow!  What great racing reports we've got here!  We heard nothing but good things during the weekend from everybody there .. with only a few comments about the electric and not being able to hear the PA well enough.

Talked extensively with Mike Warren, Track Mgr., and electricity should be in the paddock area next year.   :)  Alot of it's already in place.  They wanted to do a few races this year to get a feel for what changes needed to be made.  They are shutting down this fall to repave some sections.

If I remember correctly from some of the time sheets posted in Tech, I saw some 1:31s.

CCS Race Officials:
TrophyGal (Jeanne) & TrophyGuy (Alan)

Super Dave

QuoteDave I have never been to a nicer track than Barber, but I have to repeat HE NEEDS TO ADD POWER. Even Roebling Road and Jennings GP have power. There is no reason to not do this when the money is there, which it obviously is. I would rather buy tires than have to buy a generator for $500 for the only track in the southeast that doesnt have power hook-ups. :P

I guess I've been to more tracks that don't have power than do.  Laguna doesn't, Sears doesn't, Daytona doesn't have very many, Blackhawk has a couple, Hallet doesn't.  

I think I'd cut George some slack.  He wants to have a World Championship event in someplace other than California.  The power might be in his overall plan, but just might not be right now.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

I'm still thinking about this event and how much fun that track is! I am going to make sure and get to this track next year (I certainly hope we're going again!) and do the practice day along with both days of racing.

One regret I do have was forgetting the adapter cable for my on board video camera at home and not realizing it until I started mounting the thing on my bike Sunday morning! That would have been something I would have been playing repeatedly over the winter, hopefully they will have some good complete lap onboard video in the upcoming AMA race there.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

james-redsv

Talked extensively with Mike Warren, Track Mgr., and electricity should be in the paddock area next year.   :)  Alot of it's already in place.  They wanted to do a few races this year to get a feel for what changes needed to be made.                                                                                                                                                                                  Looks like I will get my wish next year! ;D

Super Dave

Was the mueseum up where anyone saw it?  I've been to the museum a few times before.  Pretty impressive.
Super Dave

ecumike

Mike, I've got 3 onboard video clips that I got from somewhere. (I forgot where) if you want them, if you're just looking for some track footage.

That's what I used to study the track before this weekend. :)

Multiple laps in each.

Jkf95

museum was no open yet.  Heard talk of it opening for the AMA race in September. Looks very impressive from the outside.