Barber Photos

Started by Photo_Chick, August 18, 2003, 08:51:13 AM

CCS

The photography release/agreement is part of the standard release that everyone is required to read and sign before coming into the event and/or the restricted areas of the event.

I have returned Vicki's e-mail and we are working towards a solution.

Out of respect to everyone involved, CCE/CCS does not condone the release of such photos until they have been examined by company representatives and released. Vicki was not there on behalf of any newspaper or media outlet so her requirements are much different than a news reporters are. There are plenty of photographs that just do not need to be distributed out of respect for those involved or just plain good taste, (we are not the Jerry Springer show), we do not thrive on the pain and suffering of our racers.

Full video/still photography guidelines and agreements are available upon request.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Photo_Chick

I did receive Kevin's email and he is trying to do what he can to get permission to have the photos released.  I will be sending him copies of the photos in question for his review and we will just take it from there.  He has a company to protect and I have a business to run so there are just a few issues to work out but I'm sure that in a week or so everyone will walk away happy.

Chef

sounds like as long as Stu and myself dont mind images of our 'unfortunate mishap' being publicized, no harm.....   ??  no?.......

Thanks Kevin for commenting (thumbs up!)..
Vickie, hopefully you know that I'd like to see you profit, and not have any trouble with your business affairs, and that i havent seen any of the other nice shots that you spoke of having of the golden number forty machine, maybe you could post US one... pleaaase........
maybe you could post one of my "Super Man" impression also... (a cropped one) ... maybe...

(psst,.. shhhh... <whispering>... lets hunt down those "early released" CD's.... <continued whisper> .. keep it vewy vewy kwywet....) (this aint for everybody to know about)
 ;D

regular voice:
Ike 8)
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

r6_philly

QuoteThe photography release/agreement is part of the standard release that everyone is required to read and sign before coming into the event and/or the restricted areas of the event.

I have returned Vicki's e-mail and we are working towards a solution.

Out of respect to everyone involved, CCE/CCS does not condone the release of such photos until they have been examined by company representatives and released. Vicki was not there on behalf of any newspaper or media outlet so her requirements are much different than a news reporters are. There are plenty of photographs that just do not need to be distributed out of respect for those involved or just plain good taste, (we are not the Jerry Springer show), we do not thrive on the pain and suffering of our racers.

Full video/still photography guidelines and agreements are available upon request.

What if the parties involved would like to see them released or just to see them plainly? I do not believe it is right for "company representitive" to decide such matter unless the involved parties are not able to make such decisions, in which case the family of the parties involved should make a determination.

CCS

Dafan,

The company will not release photos that are not in good taste, regardless of the okay of those involved.

(The Pit Stud adventure comes to mind.....)
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

tigerblade

QuoteThere are plenty of photographs that just do not need to be distributed out of respect for those involved or just plain good taste, (we are not the Jerry Springer show), we do not thrive on the pain and suffering of our racers.

That perspective makes sense.  As long as the organization is just making sure that the parties involved aren't opposed to the release of the photos.  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

SliderPhoto

QuoteWhat if the parties involved would like to see them released.....

CCS is one of the parties.

It more likely has to do with track insurance and bad press. People don't really crash at CCS events do they? Well maybe not--does the light go off when you close the referigerator door?  ::)

What's the criteria then? Who judges what's acceptable and what doesn't have a Jerry Springer feel. As a photographer, how do I proceed? Do I wait until someone threatens to sue me or should I submit each potential crash photo to an organization already overwhelmed with its current processes?

Kevin, are you saying that the photo agreement is the same as the agreement you sign at the gate? Regardless, I'd like one, how do I go about requesting one?

I did recall last night that I was asked on one occasion to delete the photos I had taken of a particular activity. The reasoning made sense, it had to do with insurance. I agreed and complied.

G 97

Someone better get a hold of John Ulrich at RRW and tell him to can the crash page.  ::)

I guess it's a good thing that Dave took the T6 picks of Purk and that it was an AMA race and not a CCS race.   ;D

Would not want to give CCS motorcycle racing a bad reputation. ;)

G
G

SliderPhoto

QuoteSomeone better get a hold of John Ulrich at RRW and tell him to can the crash page.  ::)

I guess it's a good thing that Dave took the T6 picks of Purk and that it was an AMA race and not a CCS race.   ;D

Would not want to give CCS motorcycle racing a bad reputation. ;)

G

Hey, I took the pics of Purk, Dave took the pics of parrothead (I think) and the Space Shuttle launch. :)

G, now go turn off Springer and get ready for next weekend.  :P

G 97

Oops, sorry about that.  Yes, those Parothead shots were amazing.  
Poor Purk, he will never live that one down.  They even announced it at this years AMA race while he was taking final grid position.  Kinda cheesy on their part.
G

GAMEDIC

I just wanted to ask you Vicki ...how many crash pics have you shot for AMA and WERA?... and how many times has WERA or AMA ever said they would sue you? just curious ;D

r6_philly

QuoteDafan,

The company will not release photos that are not in good taste, regardless of the okay of those involved.

(The Pit Stud adventure comes to mind.....)

That I really like to see  ;D Sorry Kevin, I just like to critical of things  8)

I just wonder how poor taste is it? If someone would have gotten a video of me hitting the darn wall I would send it to real TV  ;D :P