News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CBR 954rr  ...help with the classes

Started by speedster_1, August 12, 2003, 10:49:54 PM

speedster_1

I've ridden with Melk-man last season at Jennings..or was it the season before??  Anyways, He can rail on the that 600!  Last time I chatted w/ Melk he was running 1:23's at Jennings.  What are competitive times at Jennings in the AM HW class?

Steviebee

80 percent of the guys say sell the bike and get an SV.

10 percent say race what you got. after a few months You'll realize through the pains of new tires every weekend, sometimes more than 1 set per weekend,  getting beat by 95HP 600's, how much crashing sucks, That you were wrong and you should have just bought a cheap SV allready race kitted.

and the other 10 percent say come race what you got.  You'll love it !!

I'm the last 10 percent,  i converted my street bike (gixer 750) into a race bike, cause i felt more comfortable with it.  I get a kick out of beating 1000's and still think its incredible that i get smoked by guys on 600's !!  

At least with a 954 you wont be in the middleweight Carnage class !!   Helicopter class !!  Just get out here and race !!

crazycurrie

Speedster nice to see another person riding a CBR 954... I wouldnt worry to much about competing with the big zuks.  ;D    

TBMain954

I also ride a 954, 2003 was my first season racing.  I found that suspension and bike setup is everything (well, almost everything!)  Brian Baker w/Traxxion Dynamics was able to set up my suspension based on my body weight (200 pds, 6'2) and there was an incredible difference in the way the bike handled.  It handled well stock, but when you really start turning faster laps, I found it crucial.  As for GSXR 1000's, only on the straight aways ...

RIDE RED! or whatever you can get your hands on ;D
'02 Honda 954
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda!"

TBMain954

As far as classes ...

My favorite is ULSS. I also race GTO and Unlimited GP.

::)
'02 Honda 954
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda!"

gerry

I'll be out there on a 954 in the MA region next season.  I only plan on doing 3 maybe 4 race weekends towards the second half of the season.

I know i should go sv but money wont permit it.  I'll get ripped if i try to sell the 954 now and i cant afford to have two bikes.  Besides i figure the liter class doesnt seem to be overly crowded so i can ride my own race.

Hopefully i see a few other 954's at the races.