News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Roadracers are junkies........

Started by Tezboogie, August 11, 2003, 06:45:42 PM

r6_philly

QuoteIs it a pre-requsite to be short a few chromosomes to join NESBA or just a J-off

Whoa :D

badmonkey

Somebody needs to go back to bench racing...
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

1fastmofo

When ever something can be done to improve safety and no one ever takes action to make that change then there is a problem. Saying "That's racing" or "If you don't like it, don't race there" isn't solving anything. Sure there are going to be dangerous tracks and people will race there anyways, but that doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean that people won't get hurt or die.

I may be new to racing and new to this site, but if there was a major safety violation here at work, heads would roll. We need an organization such as OSHA for roadraching. If there is potential for serious injury or death, something needs to change. Accepting the fact that something awful may happen isn't the change any of us are looking for and none of us should see as just racing.

If there is a concrete wall which can be moved, move it. If it can't be moved, change the track. If you can't change the track at least put up airfence. I don't want to see or hear about any of you getting hurt or dying. I sure don't want it to happen to me.

Just my 0.02!

badmonkey

bmfgsxr

r6philly, i was there that day you got busted up there. look for expert 629 on the oct. 11th weekend. we usually pit right to the right of when you first get off the road and into the pit area. we have a huge set up you cant miss us.  come by and say whats up. imo summit isnt that bad. although, that is the only part of the track that makes me nervous since im railing in 4th gear down that hill.

have any of you guys raced at loudon yet? mladin started a big thing and now the ama doesnt race there. but loudon is my home track, and i love it. yes i am a junky. and we have added a large amount of airfence there now. people need to realize that this is a dangerous sport and shit will  most likely happen. 8)

G 97

Quoteon :Is it a pre-requsite to be short a few chromosomes to join NESBA or just a J-off  ..

Nope.  But apparently you have being a J-off on lock down.
G

G 97

QuoteWait, wait, of course we are responsible for ourselves, that does not necessarily mean that the race org is not responsible at the SAME time. I was run into once, bump another time and that was my 2 worst crashes. In the one I was seriously injured in, I had no way of avoiding the incident, so how could I have been responsible for my own safety? Not race because someone may run into me? then we would never race.

Race org. sactions the events. That means we have to follow the rules they impose for others safety. So I think the race org is taking the position of maintaining safety for everyone to an extend. I want to see them more involved and proactive and accomplish more.

If its we look out for ourselvs, them why go through tech. I am sure whoever cares about his/her own safety would make sure their own bike is safe right???

Yes, I agree.  But in the end it is still up to the individual to make that decision as this is the only thing that we can control.  As I said befor, I chose not to race at certain tracks that I deam as being too unsafe.  Others can make their own decisions.  There are plenty of safe tracks out there.  HP IMO is one of them.
G

badmonkey

Do you even race? Nobody is trying to make you not race at a certain track, the attempt is to make racing safer. If you don't feel the need for safety then you've never seen anybody crash into a concrete wall at summit and die, or  known Poppa who is now a quadraplegic from hitting a concrete wall. Pull your head out.

G 97

QuoteDo you even race? Nobody is trying to make you not race at a certain track, the attempt is to make racing safer. If you don't feel the need for safety then you've never seen anybody crash into a concrete wall at summit and die, or  known Poppa who is now a quadraplegic from hitting a concrete wall. Pull your head out.

Do you even comprehend what you read?  I would suggest that you Re-read my many post.  Specifically the part where I agree with what others are saying relative to safety and that race organizations need to stop participating at said tracks.  
But alas it is still up to each individual to decide.  
Fine, if you have such a problem with Summit and walls................DON'T RACE there.  NO ONE is making you.   Pretty tacky on your part invoking third party racers who have experienced unfortunate instances on the track.  Should I now start naming friends and fellow racers who I know who have experienced the same?  Get a life.
G

tzracer

For the record, riders have voted to not return to a track and we have never been back. After the first CCS race a Putnum, at the next race a vote was held at the riders meeting. We voted to not return to Putnum. At least one race (not sure if there was one or two more races at Putnum that year) was canceled and we have never returned.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Baltobuell

Nobody voted but I believe Pocono was taken off the schedule for safty concerns.

badmonkey

Answer the question? And its not tacky , I knew them...