News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Barber Gate Times

Started by riopko, August 11, 2003, 06:39:11 PM

riopko

Does anyone know the gate hours at Barber. If I go I will not get there til late Friday. Just wondering if I'll be sleeping inside or outside the gate. ???

StuartV666

I don't know about Friday night, but here's what the Promoters Practice Registratin Form says about Thursday night and Friday morning:

No one will be allowed access to the paddock until 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 14th. All Check-in will take place at the Main Gate Credential Office beginning Thursday evening from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Practice registration will continue Friday morning at the credential location beginning at 6:30 am.  

It sure would be nice if somebody from CCS would post something about times that we can get in and out of the gates/paddock and times for possible Registration and Tech on Friday.

CCS

The plan is 5-7pm for registration on Friday, this could be pushed a little later depending on the on-track activities on Friday. Figure no paddock entry until 7pm to be on the safe side.

Current plan is to have someone on the gate either all night or at least most of it. (Like until 2am), for Friday night, then until 10pm on Saturday night. Since 24 hour security is in the contract, I would think that the gate would be open most the night for those who have credentials, the gate only being closed while doing the normal security rounds required.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

StuartV666

QuoteSince 24 hour security is in the contract, I would think that the gate would be open most the night for those who have credentials, the gate only being closed while doing the normal security rounds required.

Does that mean that if you don't get there by 7pm to get through Registration, you can't get in at all Friday night to setup your pit area?

StuartV666

In an effort to try and consolidate all this weekend's info in one place, here is what Kevin posted in another thread:

QuoteATV's, ATC's, golf carts,pit cars,pit bikes, bicycles and other pit vehicles allowed in the paddock area only, unless said vehicles are street legal.

All drivers/riders of pit vehicles must carry a valid divers license.

Minors are not allowed to operate bicycles in the park at anytime.

Rollerblades, roller skates, Razor scooter and skate boards are not permitted at any time in the park.

Speed limits are posted, and where not posted other-wise, the speed limit is 15mph.

Other rules will be on the back of the event schedules available at registration.

Gate fee is $25 for weekend, $15 for one day. (Must purchase a weekend band on Saturday since camping is allowed.)

Now if somebody would just make this thread Sticky until next week.... And if Kevin or whoever will post all Barber info here, people won't have to read through pages of threads to find out the Gate Schedule, the Registration Schedule, the Tech Schedule (which we still haven't been told), the Gate Fees, the Track Rules, etc..

ecumike

QuoteDoes that mean that if you don't get there by 7pm to get through Registration, you can't get in at all Friday night to setup your pit area?

I think you have it backwards... Sounds like he's saying with Fri practice/track day, they won't start registration till that's over, and you won't be able to get in to setup your paddock spot UNTIL after 7pm.

StuartV666

What I meant was, if we don't get there until AFTER Registration CLOSES, will that mean we can't get in to the track until Saturday morning?

In other words, if we show up late on Friday night, can we get in and setup our pits? Kevin's post said "the gate would be open most the night for those who have credentials", which implies not. I.e. if you miss Registration, then you have no credentials, so you can't get in until Registration opens up again on Saturday morning.

ecumike

ahhhh I see what you're saying. Yea, I don't/didn't know what he means by 'credentials'