News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ROC Question

Started by MightyDuc Racing, August 09, 2003, 08:06:39 PM

MightyDuc Racing

How long is the GT Lights race...25 minutes or 30 minutes or what?  Trying to figure gas mileage out and whether I can make it wit a warm up lap or not. ;)  TIA
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

xseal

Hey -- are you the guy that was featured in RRW a few months ago?

Nate R

He was, yes.

Bryan, it's 30 minutes from the 5 board, so probably about 25 minutes.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

MightyDuc Racing

Yeah that was me.  About 25 mintues at Daytona...any lightweight riders know about what the laptimes will be?  So we head off for the warm-up lap at the 5 board and then the clock is ticking?  If we run 2:10 lap times, that's only about 12 laps and I should be fine.  Thought I was gonna have to skip the warm-up lap and go with just tire warmers.  That woulda been an interesting first lap...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

mmills416

Byran,
I thought the GT lights race was 9 laps.  Thats the way it was in March.  That would only be about 20 minutes of racing, the warm up lap and cool down lap.  So your looking 26 of 27 minutes.  If you what to keep your grid position you have to do the warm up lap.  Just remember you are wide @#$%ing open for in top gear for 80-60% of 3.59 miles.  The track is huge.  

MightyDuc Racing

I think I can probably go 12-13 laps without running out of fuel.  I can actually keep my grid position without the warm-up lap, or so I'm told.  But if that's how it works, I should be okay on fuel anyways.  Did you run every lap in the rain back in March Michael?  Just curious what kind of lap times I can expect us to be running.  I heard it's a mile from the exit of the infield to the chicane and another mile from the chicane to start/finish.  Should be awesome!  I am hoping to run 20-24 laps in the Team Challenge.  I should have a pretty good grasp on the track by then I hope, but my braking markers will be different cuz that 748 is a lot faster than my bike.  I can't wait!!!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

mbmotorsports

if you can run 2:10's you dont have a thing to worry about except ass packing most of the experts.

mmills416

Yes I rode GT lights in the rain and ThunderBike in the rain.  I wasn't using my lap timer, but I won 3 and second in the rain in an other.  It rained like you cant believe in my first race.  Elsa said you couldn't see pit out from the international horse
shoe.  I'll tell you this you haven't run your bike like you will at daytona yet.  I think its about a mile of infield and 2.5 miles of straight and banking.  There is only two mid speed corners and the rest are faster than turn one at jennings.

badmonkey

I hope you use KY Jelly for that ass packing...
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

Jkf95

Ray...is that you?  How's the arm?
Jeff

badmonkey

yeah it's me. just had surgery 2 hours ago. 5 pins in wrist and re-attached ligaments. Hurts like hell.
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

B-MAC

I thought you were having surgery tomorrow f u c k stick :P.  call me fag

To answer the original question, Ray and more importantly I recall running about 28 laps or  so on my SV before it ran out of gas in the TC, 1 lap up to 2 laps down is what that mistake cost...oops.