News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Party @ 29 Dreams after Barber's

Started by StuartV666, August 08, 2003, 07:54:48 AM

StuartV666

To any and all,

After you're done racing for the day at Barber's, on Saturday the 16th, you're invited to come out to 29 Dreams Motorcycle Campground and Resort. My good friend, Tim "Mayo" Langley is the owner and here's what he has to say:

"On Saturday, August 16, we have live music - The Cats Mojo, band starts at 6:00 PM.  It should be a rocking good time. We'll have our normal big selection of beer and soda, along with our standard menu of burgers, chicken, dogs, nachos, salads, and we'll have BBQ too.  For breakfast we have everything you can imagine, including blue berry pancakes."

The lodge at 29 has a satellite dish and several TVs. They are usually showing some kind of motorcycle racing. Plus, there's a pool table and a dart board in the loft, a nice, big deck with chairs outside, and a big bonfire pit outside, if the weather is cool enough. It's just minutes from Barbers (about 12 miles, actually).

29 Dreams is very "into" motorcycle racing, having sponsored the 29 Dreams Endurance Team last year in the WERA National Endurance Series. Good food and good folks. Come on out, support the folks that support our sport, and hang with your fellow racers!

For more info about 29 Dreams, check out their website at http://www.29dreams.com.

To get there from Barber's:

Take US Highway 78 (SR-4) east 3.4 miles to Highway 25 (Dunavant Rd) South over Dunavant Mountain (8.6 miles.) 29 Dreams is on the Right

or:

http://www.29dreams.com/Directions.htm

- Stu

GAMEDIC

hmmmm...how will we get back to the track?...lol if i did that i would be in no shape to drive back..  ;D

Photo_Chick

Greg is officially the designated driver.  I second the vote!!!!!!!!!!

GAMEDIC

QuoteGreg is officially the designated driver.  I second the vote!!!!!!!!!!
lol....well i guess that would be fair cause you were last time ;D

Photo_Chick

That's right I was the designated driver!  I had almost forgotten about that.  LOL.  Cool, now I can have some fun...

StuartV666

Or y'all can pile in with me.  :D I'm glad some of y'all are going to come out!

GAMEDIC

sure stu... so i will not be able to try and beat you the next morning...LOL... hey are you going to run that class there?

StuartV666

Honestly, I don't remember which classes I entered for Barber's. And I don't have the form handy. But, if I did enter it, and Hector doesn't show up, I'll probably cancel my entry for that one. The only reason I've been running the extra classes is for the points in the Overall points chase, and Hector's my competition there. If he doesn't show, then the points from the 5 classes I normally run will be enough to satisfy me. I won't spend the extra money for the other classes if I don't have to.

And if I do run it... well, I'll be very interested to see how my new motor stacks up to your big, bad boy.  ;D

GAMEDIC

lol...from what i hear...it's not much of a HP track