News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pre-registration and double sprint weekends??

Started by BC61, August 05, 2003, 03:05:31 PM

BC61

How late before an event can you pre-register on line? Are there GT races on a double sprint weekend?
Trying to get info on the up coming Barber event.
Thanks

StuartV666

Hey Bill,

Dunno about pre-entering online. I would assume the cut-off would be the same as for faxing it in - i.e. 2 weeks prior, but you could try it and see what happens when you arrive at Registration. :-)

But I do know that there are no GT races on Twin Sprints weekends. Sprints start at 10am each day and take all day (with a 1-hour break for lunch). No time for GT's too. Friday is an Open Practice day (sign up through Barber's website), so there is no racing that day.

- Stu

Dawn

Registration on-line is the same as faxing. It must be done two weeks prior to the event.

Dawn   :)

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteBut I do know that there are no GT races on Twin Sprints weekends. Sprints start at 10am each day and take all day (with a 1-hour break for lunch). No time for GT's too. Friday is an Open Practice day (sign up through Barber's website), so there is no racing that day.

- Stu

I hate to tell you that your wrong about no GT classes ever being run at a Twin Sprint event, so I will say that your mostly correct. ;D

There are Twin Sprint events that do indeed run the GT classes also, though they are few and far between. An example is Road America where Friday is consumed by about 2/3 of a day of practice, then 1 set of GT races is run in the remaining 1/3 of the day (only 1 set is run for the whole event though). This is not a typical schedule for most Twin Sprint events, but it is our own responsibility to find out ahead of time if it is.

To see this type of schedule go to the CCS website and look under RESULTS, go to the April 25-27 Road America event, then click on the (i) icon for event info.

Just thought I would clarify that so you don't get burned in a GT class points chamionship. Missing just 1 events worth of points in a class can cost you a championship, and this would be an easily overlooked way to screw-up a GT points battle!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96