News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Any update on David Yeski?

Started by Team_nuclear123, August 05, 2003, 01:05:10 PM

Team_nuclear123

The truck is pretty cool

Diesel Dynamics tuned with about 450hp, exhaust all the goodies. (I started out a Peterbilt tech years ago)

Lowered like 8inches, DVD, 1000watts, all flamed, shoudl be cool... Just need to get it bagged to haul our 26ft trailer.

Dave, its at Thunderhill. It will be Tristans first time there. I just got his new leathers from Alpinestars fed ex yester, way cool! Shoudl be a good weekend, and a hell of a lot less races... We did 18 total at Vegas in three days. You DONT want to see the tire bill!

Shady182

I talked to dave monday night he had been released earlier and was going home. He has at least 4 broken ribs and a herniated disc in his back.
He is  on alot of meds.

Dawn

Jon:

Thanks for the update!

Dawn   :)

zx9r-racer

Thanks for the update Jon.  It was fun runnin' with ya this weekend (during the short period of times that you were behind me). ;D

I DO know what broken ribs feel like...not fun. :'(  Vicodin, vicodin, and more vicodin...

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Shady182

no problem  ;)    It was alot of fun  out there
mixing it up. Besides all the red flags there was alot of good racing. Good luck at ThunderHill

Get well Dave

Jeff

QuoteLowered like 8inches, DVD, 1000watts, all flamed, shoudl be cool... Just need to get it bagged to haul our 26ft trailer.

Why would anyone do this?  Why take a perfectly good truck and destroy it?  I'm not talking the stereo and dvd, etc, but why lower it and remove any hauling ability the truck had?

Sure you can put in airbags, but I still don't understand taking a truck designed to haul/tow and dropping it to the pavement, then making provisions so it can tow again...  

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Team_nuclear123

Well, lets see, ruin it huh?

I load about 400 different bikes a year in my truck. We do somewhere around 50 trrack days a year.

Lowered serves the purpose of making it easier to load, safer to drive, and has ZERO effect on the load carring ability, as the stock springs are in place all around.

More like built to a purpose to me.

tigerblade

Best wishes for a quick recovery for Dave.  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Decreasing_Dave

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.  :)

I'm sore, but I'll recover...mostly.  I guess a herniated disc is like herpes, you got it fo' life man.

Right now my diet consist of Oxycotton, Percocet, and Soma (muscule relaxer).   I get to wear a back brace too.

After the 12 hour ride home (should have been 10, but the F-I-L was driving)  I ended up BACK in the hospital on Tuesday (via ambulance) 'cuz it hurt to do anything and I couldn't move.  

This puts a reality spin on whether I should continue racing or not.  Tough call.  I have a 2 year old to live for and I would like to be able to play with her for the rest of her life.  Sorry for the pitty party, but I just missed being shoulder deep into the concrete blocks by 6 inches.  :-/  I never thought that the blocks and the fence were a factor 'til then.

I ended up with a Herniated disc between L3 and L4, 2 broken ribs on my back (11 and 12, I think), and although they didn't confirm, I think I have damaged ribs in my upper lft chest (at least bruised if not broken).

If you guys are up for the details, I'll get them to you on a different posting.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

zx9r-racer

I know what broken ribs are like.  No fun at all.  You quickly realize how EVERY movement you make involves stress on the ribs....OW!

Hang in there man!

r6_philly

Dave, I hope you heal fast and feel better. I know you feel, both your body and your head. I was a bit more fortunate, broke pelvis but not ribs, so as long as I was laying in bed, nothing hurted. But as I was lying in the ambulance, I thought of all the good things I would have missed if I broke my spine... kinda make you think long and hard about racing.

But I took my crazy ass out again and got smushed again... well what can you say

Just get well, and think about all others later. I was looking forward to racing in Daytona