Anybody else notice the SpeedTV schedule for Tues?

Started by MightyDuc Racing, August 02, 2003, 09:20:14 AM

MightyDuc Racing

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/index.php?m=08&d=5&ts=1060056000&timezone=0&subcat=&program=&usecal=yes   >:(

Guess the time has come to go back to sucking.  Hey, at least they have a few races on when none of us are home to watch so they can claim the ratings keep dropping. ::)  Crap. :(
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

THE_D.O.C.

get over it. they show live or same day coverage. which is FAR better than staying up till 3 AM to watch highlight reels on speedworld. {that is how it USED to be mr. duck}

i would like to see the british superbike series on tuesdays. since those dudes obviously whup A$$ on our ama guys.

MightyDuc Racing

I remember those days Brad...lol.  The new job will have me working most Sundays though, and Tuesday was my chance to see the races.  Lately it sucked anyways though.  Regardless, I am tired of seeing NASCAR over and over and over again.  How much is there to say about a 3 hour circle jerk anyways?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

motard11

Windtunnel !!  Give me a break! More like windbag :o

EX#996

Start e-mailing Speed.  I did after looking at the schedule.  This is what I wrote...

I just took a look at your revised programming schedule for the month of August.  Needless to say I am disappointed.  The coverage provided to motorcycle road racing is severely lacking.  The only reason why we subscribed is for this coverage.  Now we have just a few hours a week when the races are on, and it's not even on primetime.  Most of your viewers are at work during that time.  I grew up in a stock car racing family.  I enjoy the sport, however with the amount of coverage your are providing, Winston Cup, Bush, and ASA.....  Well, it's just too much.  Please reconsider and allow us to have more coverage for motorcycles.  With FIM, MotoGP, AMA, F-USA, WERA, and CCS, I'm sure that there is plenty of material to choose from.

Thank you.

I don't know if it will do any good, but it can't hurt to try.

Dawn   :'(  :'(  :'(

Paul and Dawn Buxton

OmniGLH

LOL... I count "Totally NASCAR" on 5 times in an 8-hour period...

Speedvision was the SOLE reason I stepped up from cable to DirecTV.  It's not as appealing now.

It sucks that I am forced to say, "It's better than nothing..."  I guess now I'll rely on those who have VCRs to watch the races and tell me what happened.  I'm getting older - I can't stay up until 4am watching TV and still make it to work on time anymore.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

r1owner

QuoteI guess now I'll rely on those who have VCRs to watch the races and tell me what happened.  I'm getting older - I can't stay up until 4am watching TV and still make it to work on time anymore.

Jesus, you cheap bastard!!!!  ;D Buy a freaking 50 dollar VCR!  

How's the shoulder doing?  I heard you were riding again.  You going to make it down to Gateway at all this year?

OmniGLH

QuoteJesus, you cheap bastard!!!!  ;D Buy a freaking 50 dollar VCR!  

Hey what can I say?  The budget has priorities!  ;)  Actually, once you get to know me a little better - you'll realize that I can't go out and buy a $50 VCR.  I'd HAVE to buy the best one I could find... which nowadays, would mean I'd be buying a D-VHS.  And unfortunately, that's just not in the budget...

QuoteHow's the shoulder doing?  I heard you were riding again.  You going to make it down to Gateway at all this year?

Ya, spent a little time on the track at MAM.  Came home, put some street plastic on it, and been trying to ride it as much as possible.  Shoulder is doing really well - tho I'm having some big difficulties in getting my rotation abilities back.  I try to tuck behind the windscreen, but my arms won't twist enough to tuck 'em in with me.  People are going to start to think I'm trying to look like Spies  ;)

I *hope* to make a Gateway weekend this year.  All depends on the $$ situation.  Working contract means a day or two off of work costs me a couple hundred bucks, before I even leave Chicago.  But I'm planning on it.  I'd like to try out most of the tracks in the region before next year.  I'll be at Barber in a few weeks.  Probably do what I did at MAM - run the practice sessions, and maybe run a race on Sunday.

What's been goin on with you?  I was surprised not to see you at MAM...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

r1owner

QuoteHey what can I say?  The budget has priorities!  ;)  Actually, once you get to know me a little better - you'll realize that I can't go out and buy a $50 VCR.  I'd HAVE to buy the best one I could find... which nowadays, would mean I'd be buying a D-VHS.  And unfortunately, that's just not in the budget...

Hehe, yeah, I hear you.  Our DVD player just went T.U.  Had to buy a new one, and justify the price to the wife.  That's why I am working on this side project RIGHT NOW (11:20 on a sunday night), so I can pay for it! ;)

QuoteYa, spent a little time on the track at MAM.  Came home, put some street plastic on it, and been trying to ride it as much as possible.  Shoulder is doing really well - tho I'm having some big difficulties in getting my rotation abilities back.  I try to tuck behind the windscreen, but my arms won't twist enough to tuck 'em in with me.  People are going to start to think I'm trying to look like Spies  ;)

I *hope* to make a Gateway weekend this year.  All depends on the $$ situation.  Working contract means a day or two off of work costs me a couple hundred bucks, before I even leave Chicago.  But I'm planning on it.  I'd like to try out most of the tracks in the region before next year.  I'll be at Barber in a few weeks.  Probably do what I did at MAM - run the practice sessions, and maybe run a race on Sunday.

What's been goin on with you?  I was surprised not to see you at MAM...

Well, glad to hear that you're back on the bike again.  I won't be able to race again until maybe the last race at Gateway.  I have my own medical problems as well. :(

spyderchick

Remember that most of the European series take off the month of August due to the heat.

Anyhow, NASCAR did buy Speed for thier media promotions. I guess we'll have to make due with whatever they give us. I remember when you couldn't watch any of this anywhere. So as long as we get a broadcast somewhere, I'm happy.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EmerWil

There was a video guy at Summit this past weekend taping for Speed...

Wonder when they'll show it... 2am??

EmerWil

gee...all the complaints must have crashed their site...it's down..lol

way to go yall...

:D