Started by RickyRacer, October 23, 2001, 06:40:19 AM

ExpressRacing

Have only been on four tracks.  Of those four, my order would be

1)  VIR
2)  Las Vegas GP Speedway
3)  Roebling
4)  CMP

ice

1) Gateway- Turn one is too much fun, and you're close enough to a real city to get good steak and lobster and afterward hit a decent nightclub.

2) Road America- Would have been #1 except for the kink

3) Gingerman- Safe and technical

MightyDuc Racing

Let's see...I have now ridden Homestead and Jennings.  That means here's my list:

1.  Daytona - It's Daytona, what more do you need to know?  And it's a lifelong dream of mine to race there!

2.  Homestead - Horsepower friendly, and I've got more power than skills...lol.

3.   Jennings GP - What a great layout and it's very safe and technical.

4.  How the Hell should I know?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

TZ_Boy

1.  Gingerman, as Dorn said it seperates the good from the bad.  Bring all the HP you want to Gingerman and it will only get in your way.  Safe and smooth with alot of grip.

2.  Grattan,fun and safe.

3.  Mid-America, nice layout but needs the cold patches fixed.

4.  Road-America, it's all about the HP.

5.  Gateway, walls, walls, walls, God help anyone that races there.

GSXR RACER MIKE

[Putnam Park]
     (+) great track/fun layout, close to Indianapolis, able to see most of the track from the stands
     (-) really strict hours of operation, P.A. system, last turn has that concrete wall

[Road America]
     (+) professional level facility, fast, fun
     (-) all that fencing and concrete for the car guys, patches in the corners, can be scary as hell!, expensive

[Daytona]
     (+) it's Daytona, great second function as vacation spot, very fast, banking
     (-) concrete walls, some B/S rules, shadows on the banking at the end of the race day, expensive

[Heartland Park]
     (+) very fun layout, good spectating, next to Topeka
     (-) track surface, crack sealer, dragstrip slippery when wet/hot, a couple walls to avoid

[Brainerd]
     (+) turn one, fast, large facility, passing opportunities, spectating on top of the tower
     (-) track surface, some facilities need improvement, concrete wall at exit of last turn

[Blackhawk Farms]
     (+) fun track, close to Rockford/Beloit, able to spectate from almost anywhere inside track
     (-) multiple safety issues and track surface which should be fixed before we race there again so they won't count as a (-), facilities need update

[Gratten]
     (+) challenging track, unique roller coaster design, spectating
     (-) somewhat remote location, some facilities, track surface in parts

[Gateway]
     (+) Location, paved paddock, somewhat fun
     (-) walls!, bogus chicane, you smell something?

[Mid America Motorplex]
     (+) nice track, fun, spectating, close to Council Bluffs
     (-) gravel roads, hot as hell in summer, concessions were limited
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteMy ranking:

1 - Road America: Mostly because of one turn- the carousel. To me, the carousel makes all other turns feel boring.

I notice that you didn't mention turn 5. ;D  You really do need help in the kink, Edgar.  Perhaps if you pull up your panties...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

Daytona.  Stupidist thing I ever did in my life.  Want more!  Only been there once.  Maybe I'll get over the place eventually, and it will seem boring, but right now, it's my version of when Al Unser Jr. said, "You just don't know what Indy means."

Gateway.  Too scary, so don't think about it.  I've been hospitalised there.  I've won there.  Afternoon sun in your eyes in the last turn as you charge into the shadow of the grandstand, half out of control from the pavement change onto the bank.  Tunnel vision down the front straight, all colors that surround bleed into one...  Turn 2 is my favorite in racing.  You can practically drag the frame in 2 if you try hard enough.  Separates the men from the panty-wearing forigners.  Gateway is a good place to wear holes in your lowers.  Outstanding local staff and the coolest race director ever.  Beautiful sunrises over the mountian of garbage.  Needs some shower stalls.

Grattan/Hallett.  Same place.  Blind, jumps, tight,  off camber, demanding, poor pavement, great people, beautiful scenery.  Light and sliding, scared $#itless!  Over the hill apex at 4 is sublime sex.  If heaven is either of these tracks, I hope I make it through the gates.

Blackhawk.  It's home.  Best safety crew in the buisness.  Probably much better this year with new pavement and fewer trees.  I've had some epic battles here.  A real rider's track.

Road America.  Great fun.  Silly fast.  Are you good on the brakes?  If not, stay home.  The Kink is a worldwide racing legend. Separates the men from the panty wearing forigners.  Too damn expensive, like Daytona.

Gingerman.  I'm getting better there.  Very hard track to ride well.  Devious and deceptive, but each turn is a victory if you get it perfect.  I could race there every day for a year and still feel like I could learn it better.  Very safe runoff.

MAM.  How can any track that destroys tires so fast also be so slippery?  Brand new pavement sucks monkey private parts.  Don't you just love 6 inch wide racing lines in a sea of patch?  Good thing the facility is brand new, because I'd hate to see it in 5 years.  One more hour from Chicago, and I could be in Vegas, baby!  Naturally, as bad as the place sucks, we have to go there twice this year!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

QuoteBlackhawk since it is so smooth....NOT!  I sure wish they'd put some money into that place!!

You've got to keep up with current events...

It's completely ground down and repaved!

My favorite track...  And I've been to a lot, I think...

Sears Point, or is it called Infeon Raceway now...

Never have I been on such an intimidating track where elevation and camber changes occur in, through, and around corners.  Makes other places seem pretty tame.

Laguna's just neat...  That's it.  It has a certain rhythm to it...like Blackhawk.

And Mid-Ohio's surface is cr@p.
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

My favorite track is Sugo where as a wild card I destroyed and rather humiliated many a world superbike regulars. One time I passed Troy Corser on the outside going into the dreaded chicane the track is famous for.  :)

Super Dave

no.no.no.no...

You belong on the MotoGP thread.... ;D
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

Quoteno.no.no.no...

You belong on the MotoGP thread.... ;D

nah uh.... no I don't. I was telling the truth. I really did do that at Sugo. :)

Super Dave

I passed Wes Cooley on the outside of the long sweeper at Grattan in the rain... ;D
Super Dave