News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Injured rider @ Loudon

Started by 1fastmofo, July 29, 2003, 12:28:44 PM

1fastmofo

Guys,

Does anyone have any information on the expert rider on the 2 stroke who hit the tire wall in turn 3 at Loudon on Saturday 26 July?

For those who don't know a rider hit the tire wall at full speed (guessing around 110 mph) after apparently losing his brakes. He then was launched over the tire wall and tumbled through the air, landing between another wall and a concrete fence.  :'(

I don't know for sure exactly what happened, as I was a spectator at the time, but it happened right in front of me.  :o

I pray that the rider is ok. If anyone has any info, please post it.

Thanks!

bmfgsxr

the rider is dale greenwood. and as of right now i dont know his status.. but i hope he is alright.

scottg22

Dale was released today from the Hospital and is doing well.  He suffered 5 broken ribs, a good concussion, a hairline crack on his pelvis, and some other relatively minor injuries along with some serious bruising.  

Is up and moving around (slowly) and will make a full recovery.

Scott Greenwood
LRRS/FUSA #28

1fastmofo

Scott,

Thank you so much for the response. Please wish Dale all the best from myself and everyone who was watching at turn 3. I'm actually amazed that he was alive.

bmfgsxr

thanks for keeping us posted scott. from what i heard it was a nasty crash.

Super Dave

QuoteDale was released today from the Hospital and is doing well.  He suffered 5 broken ribs, a good concussion, a hairline crack on his pelvis, and some other relatively minor injuries along with some serious bruising.  

Is up and moving around (slowly) and will make a full recovery.

Scott Greenwood
LRRS/FUSA #28

Hey, Scott...

I was wondering if it was your brother, cousin, or something.  

Good to hear he's ok?

See you in Topeka?

(How many fingers are you holding up?)
 8)
Super Dave

WebCrush

Quote(How many fingers are you holding up?)
 8)

Oh, thats just bad!! :D