News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bikes for sale due to injury.

Started by andy342, July 23, 2003, 09:47:04 PM

andy342

Hello all.  Haven't posted in a while.

I fell off my dirtbike recently and broke my ankle pretty good.

Was riding at the Fond du Lac atv park on a Sunday afternoon.   Headed down the long straight after the steep dowhill at the far end of the park.  Jumped the first (small) double and went around the short whoops section like I always do.  There's an uphill turn to the left that leads back into the woods.  I lowsided the bike on that turn for some reason and fell off.  This should have been a normal dirtbike crash - slide out, fall down, pick the bike up and go.  

Not so.  I managed to break my left ankle in 3 places and also dislocate it.  9 screws, 2 washers and a plate.  I hope they let me keep the xray.  So 3+months in a cast.  And no hard riding for who knows how long afterwards.

So does anyone wanna buy a couple of bikes?  See the classifieds.

And yes, I'm taking it really easy on the leg.  Not like another fellow racer that was on crutches for about a year (we won't name names) because he tried to do too much too soon.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Tough luck Mike... er, Andy!  Good luck with your recovery.
K3
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

QuoteTough luck Mike... er, Andy!  

LOL!!!

Andy:

Sorry to hear about your ankle.  :'( Take it easy and heal up quick!  

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

andy342

Ding ding! We have a winner!

I am going to try and make it for at least Saturday on the Wegman weekend for some beer and BS with you all.  But I'll have to monitor my intake (of beer anyway) so I don't tip over and end up in the med shack.

This does put of MMI for a little while.  But if I am all moved down by October, anyone needing a pit bi+ch for Daytona need only ask.  

Pit_Girl

man, that sux!  get better soon!

i'm sure nate(#548 ) will stop by to say hi in august :) hopefully i'll be there too 8)

-jennifer