News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Cornerspeed school @ Barber Aug. 15th!!!!

Started by pOOkey, July 23, 2003, 08:43:43 PM

pOOkey

Signed up for the Corenerspeed school a few days ago and found out that atleast 9 more people need to sign up or the school gets cancelled (only 6 people are signed up right now). Please don't let this happen 'cause I really want to ride Barber. I figure most people will already be there for the race that weekend. See you there!!

GAMEDIC

what a crock...why do they cancel it...if Bargy does a school.... it doesn't matter if 2 show up...you get what you pay for...

tigerblade

I don't think it's a crock.  They have to make a living too.  Aaron and the guys from Cornerspeed facilitated two trackdays at VIR that I attended in April.  They are class acts.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

sdiver68

We have 3 people that are going to sign up, I'm in the middle of moving so I haven't gotten to it yet.  I'll let them know, we should all be signed up by early next week.

The cost is high in comparison to most any track day.  I bet Barber is expensive, but 2-3x?

EDIT - Oh, track day is $120, you only pay the $220 for the school, if you need it.  Good deal!
MCRA Race School Instructor

GAMEDIC

i know they have to make a living...but when you need 9 guys and say 6 or 7 show...is that right to make them suffer because of 2 or 3 other people...

smoke

I hope they do not cancel as I am want to take it to learn the track before  I race on saterday.

Question

Being a newbiee and all... What is the best way to learn a track besides track days, and race schools?

xlr8tn

other than trying to get a decent track layout and guess on gearing, time others in practice and compare.  The practice session will definitely help.  Anyone have track footage they care to share?

-brent

pOOkey

If you want in on the school you need to sign up now. The website www.cornerspeed.net will give you more info. I'm dead set on going to this school and racing the CCS event, but can't unless some more people sign up. Help a race newbie out.

1fastguy

Quotewhat a crock...why do they cancel it...if Bargy does a school.... it doesn't matter if 2 show up...you get what you pay for...

I don't know you or owe you an explanation but before you dis someone you should know the facts. When Bargy or Cornerspeed rents the track for the day, we have revenues coming in from the practice to offset any losses from the school. So an undersold school is manageable. But this isn't the case at BMP.

In the case of Friday practice at BMP, BMP makes all the money AND we have to supply our own separate insurance AND we have to buy a portion of the day. So you see, we have no way of offsetting our losses for an undersold school. We'll give everyone plenty of notice and their money back if the 8/15 school doesn't happen.

Two days of travel, one full day of work at a loss and then working the next two events making enough money to pay for the one big loss is no way to pay the rent. It's like working for two weeks and not getting a pay check in the end.

Now that you understand perhaps you'll be a little kinder. Take a minute to get to know me and you'll know that I'm in this business because I love motorcycles, the people and racing. I just don't want to lose the farm in the process.

More entries have been coming in. Pre-register now if you want to ride the only FIM track on the east coast. Racers will pre-register directly through Barber at http://www.barbermotorsports.com   Students pre-register through us. Our website is http://www.cornerspeed.net  Hope to see you at Barber.

GAMEDIC

Well i didn't mean to offend you so much...i'm not saying that you were a crock...i am saying if it were me that had put aside all my plans to be at your school and taken time off work if need be only to find out that it was not going to happen i would be pretty mad that i didn't get to do it cause a few more people didn't sign up....