News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Boots and Gloves

Started by MightyDuc Racing, July 18, 2003, 05:42:09 AM

MightyDuc Racing

Got my new AGV Pro Road Race Boots and Exocet Gloves yesterday!  Woohoo!  One question though.  I have tried four different pairs of gloves now, from Teknic to AGV, and in several different sizes.  Apparently, my right hand must be different than my left, and I'll tell you why.  No matter which pair I have tried, they are great on my left hand and bruise the crap out of my right index finger's big knuckle (the one closest to my hand).  They bruise it bad enough that after one session I can't even stand to make a fist.  I thought maybe I was squeezing the throttle too hard, so I put my new gloves on for a while last night and wore them around the house.  Sure enough...right one hurts, left one doesn't.  Anybody else have this problem?  My old...OLD  Joe Rocket gloves that finally gave way and ripped at the last race are the ONLY ones that don't (and never did) do this to me.  I am gonna just tape some kind of padding on my knuckle for the races this weekend, but am I the only weirdo with this happening to me?  TIA.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

EX#996

Quotebut am I the only weirdo

Too easy.....

.... must resist.

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MightyDuc Racing

Remember...I'm not saying ya'll AREN'T weirdos...just that I am. 8) ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

dwilson

I've heard of a "leather relaxer" that makes tight shoes loosen up, maybe that would work for you.  

If your right handed, your right hand is definitely bigger than your left.  This is due to the muscles in that hand getting more use.  Maybe you should excersize your left hand more so both gloves can fit equally un-comfortably ;D.

MightyDuc Racing

;D  I have also been a pro bowler for a long time (recently had to quit cuz racing takes all my money...lol), and my right forearm is bigger and I never thought about my hand being bigger.  It's definitely stronger though.  I guess I'll be looking for leather relaxer at an expensive shoe shop or something.  Thanks for the idea.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

TZDeSioux

put down the cheetos.... it will cure the big right hand and orange colored penis problem in a jiffy!

tigerblade

Quoteput down the cheetos.... it will cure the big right hand and orange colored penis problem in a jiffy!

Bwaa haa haa!  Take that, Berm Duck!   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MudDawg

Quoteput down the cheetos.... it will cure the big right hand and orange colored penis problem in a jiffy!

He's a racer...now he has those annoying 15W50 oil stains on the couch.  (To go along with the 'oversized' forearm, orange 'thingy', and bruised hand.)

Does the bruise on your forehead match the one on your hand?  :-)

56sPitChick

No need to go to an expensive shoe store...you can buy "shoe stretch" from CVS near the shoe polish. (It comes in a little spray bottle) We've used it on  race leathers and gloves...

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteBwaa haa haa!  Take that, Berm Duck!   ;D

At least when I crash I'm able to race the next weekend!  Biatch. :o :D ;D

And by the way...it's Doritos that turn me orange...not Cheetohs! ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Pit_Girl

cheese popcorn anyone?

(coughcoughnatecoughcough)

;D

-jennifer

motard11

I wonder what would happen if I put leather relaxer on the crotch of my leathers ;D  My wife says its worth a try :-X