News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Guy airlifted from summit on 7/16

Started by LAG, July 16, 2003, 03:05:45 PM

LAG

QuoteHi Laura,
Thanks for your post. This is the first time I've been here. I've raced at SP many times b4. I was airlifted out Sat. and am pretty much ok. However, the post from R6_philly has me thinking he is talking about a different crash  :-/  

I am so glad that you are doing ok...we were very worried about you.  I spent some time in your pit talking to your friend (the novice with the suzuki liter bike...sorry, I'm not good with names) and everyone was very worried. Your bike, actually, didn't seem too bad; but it's always a shame to see such a beautiful piece of machinery toasted...but a bike is just that, a bike...more important that you are healing well!  Take care and keep your spirits up.  :D

Laura

clutch

Anyone see my little ejection exiting T-5...I didnt know I crashed until I came down on my head.  I am 99.9% sure it was a high side as I landed on my back and head and all the rash on the suit is on the back, back of helmet and right side and it was a left hand turn..I was lucky and was able to walk.  It was during the Sportbike race on Sunday.  Still sore but nothing broken...I wish these suits had parachutes built in :)

r6_philly

QuoteHi Laura,
Thanks for your post. This is the first time I've been here. I've raced at SP many times b4. I was airlifted out Sat. and am pretty much ok. However, the post from R6_philly has me thinking he is talking about a different crash  :-/  
In any event it would appear we are both fine physically (at least as much as we were before) and that we will be spending some quality time with our bikes.
My sincerest thanks and gratitude go out to every worker at Summit Point. the corner workers, concession, officials, medical personal, maintainence without whom we (racers) could not do what we love.
Thanks to all of my friends that got me and the pieces home.
R6 I hope you heal well and quickly and see you out on the track again soon.
Again a VERY big thank you to all at Summit Point.
J. Spencer

Hey man, so glad to hear you were ok Sunday at the track, and even better to read it from you. How do you remember your crash?

I assure you I was talking to about the same crash. I spend about 30 seconds of eternity with you lying not 10 feet from me. But we crashed seperately and I was hoping if you could remember what happened. I got knocked pretty good on my head again, but I think I remember what happend pretty good :p and I was told the same story by some corner workers and the race director too.

You friend came by and picked up some parts for you that they gave me instead, hope you got them. You bike made out pretty good, mine was a goner. You have my battery I hope, maybe I can get that from you?

I also gave your friend my phone number, give me a call whenver? I just want to know that you are good and ok.

Decreasing_Dave

Dafan,

If you get back on the track this year, GO EXPERT.  You have nothing to lose.  Unfortunately do to your crashes you're out of any points challenges.  Why not go expert and start building that speed for next year.

I almost can't wait in some ways.  But I know that next year is going to be EXPENSIVE as an Expert.

Glad you're OK.  ;D

D. Dave

r6_philly

But I had a daytona bike!!! and I am still leading 1 class :p

Actually that is my thoughts exactly. I have decided to not go to a couple races, but I got top 5 in classes even if I quit now, so I am thinking just to go to daytona and try to win there... I love daytona and always do well. So I am between that decision. If I decide not to go to Daytona, I will be an expert next month at summit.

So points I gave up. Daytona, still thinking

Litespeed

Why is Expert more expensive to run than amateur?  Is it cause you can't do any cherry picking there  ;D?

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteWhy is Expert more expensive to run than amateur?  Is it cause you can't do any cherry picking there  ;D?

Awww C'mon...How's it cherry picking??

If I was the only fast guy then I could see it.  I'm just one of many fast amatuers this year (and I thought it was going to be an easy year  :-/)

Next year, I prolly won't finish anywhere near the front.  That means NO CONTINGENCY and NO PURSE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be racing like common folk. :D

bmfgsxr

glad to hear both you guys are alright.

r6philly, i saw your bike and it was toasted. so was the f4i. the kid with the f4i didnt belong on the track with a radiator full of antifreeze though. i saw the stuff dripping out of the radiator when it was in the tech garage. that is not cool. im still glad the kid will be ok. and if you are running between 20--22's(big margin there btw) you should be racing expert anyway. how long have you been racing for? im running 21's down there, but then again last weekend was only my second time on the track.

bmfgsxr

QuoteAwww C'mon...How's it cherry picking??

If I was the only fast guy then I could see it.  I'm just one of many fast amatuers this year (and I thought it was going to be an easy year  :-/)

Next year, I prolly won't finish anywhere near the front.  That means NO CONTINGENCY and NO PURSE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be racing like common folk. :D

that means your cherry picking. bump up and join the rest of us. leave the contingency for the guys who are still learning. you cant sit there and collect til the cows come home. if everyone did that then there would be no expert class.

cherry picking is lame.

Decreasing_Dave

Quotethat means your cherry picking. bump up and join the rest of us. leave the contingency for the guys who are still learning. you cant sit there and collect til the cows come home. if everyone did that then there would be no expert class.

cherry picking is lame.

Since you don't really know the situation, I'll spare you the bashing.  (I sensed a "tone" in your message).

A. Someone has to win the purse.  I don't always get 1st place, but I am consistent.  Are you saying that if you win a race or even place in the purse that you MUST now move to expert??!!!

B.  When I started the year I was getting beat by the same guys.  Now I'm beating those guys.  BUT, now there's other guys that are beating me or at least racing with me.  That's hardly cherry picking....that's learning.  THAT is what the amatuer class is all about.

bmfgsxr

there was no real tone there, but there wasnt the right graemlin to use. i need a sarcastic faced graemlin on here. ;)

im more or less giving you a hard time because i got one last year myself. last year was my first year racing. i won a few, but placed top 3 in most of my races (on a clapped out f3 ;D ). everyone gave me a hard time. and considering it was my first year there was no way i thought i was cherry picking. i dont know your history so this could be your first year racing, and if that is the case then i dont really consider it cherry picking. but if it is your second year, and your placing top 5 in every race you should really move up. and so should the other guys your running with. give the newer guys a taste of the payoff, and you will also become a better racer for it. 8)