News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV tire question

Started by Kal, July 14, 2003, 10:45:45 PM

Kal

I've just finished getting my sv race ready, and I'm wondering what the tire of choice is for all the SV racers out there.  I know it depends on the rider but I'd be interested in your opinions.  Thanks, Kal

ScubaSteve

Im running pirellis and i love them.
Steve

CCS FL

EX#996

Perilli's are great, but expensive.

Michelin's are working well for us, but you do need to use them with tire warmers.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MudDawg

Go with pirelli.  I've ridden 207's (wobble-wobble), Michelin's (slow to warm up, not predictable when sliding), Bridgestone (not as good as the others), and Pirelli (Warms quickly, slides predictably, and has very good grip.)

Contingency isn't too bad on them either.  

TreyBone

I just switched from Pirelli to Michelin. The michelins work great. I use tire warmers and have not noticed any slow warm up problems. I have had them slide on me some but it was predictable. The contingency money is the same a Pirelli and the Michelins are 72.00 bucks cheaper per set than the Pirelli's.

Pirelli's = 325.00 a set
Michelin = 253.00 a set

If I can save a few dollars and can't tell the difference betweent the two brands...... why not?

cabbage996

I've been using the Michelins all year, started without warmers and they did take a lap or two to stop wiggling.  Got warmers and now I have absolutely no complaints.  I've not tried any other brand though.

tigerblade

Quote I've not tried any other brand though.

Oh yes you did.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

MudDawg

QuoteI just switched from Pirelli to Michelin. The michelins work great. I use tire warmers and have not noticed any slow warm up problems. I have had them slide on me some but it was predictable. The contingency money is the same a Pirelli and the Michelins are 72.00 bucks cheaper per set than the Pirelli's.

Pirelli's = 325.00 a set
Michelin = 253.00 a set

If I can save a few dollars and can't tell the difference betweent the two brands...... why not?

Sorry...but given the much lamented fact that Michelins take longer to warm up....I'll stick with Pirelli.  I have to go with a very predictable sliding tire.  I'll make the difference up in mot replacing bodywork.  :-)

Uh...and Trey...go faster!!!  I wanna see you doing 38's at VIR.  :-)  More throttle less grass....er...gas.