News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Motorcycle Work Tables

Started by motomadness, July 14, 2003, 01:37:33 PM

motomadness

What would you like your work table to have that it doesn't already have? power outlets, jacks, drain holes, etc?

Are you using your table only for your TZ?

How light should a work table be if you want to take it to the track?

Should it fold?

Should the surface be smooth or diamond plate style?

How much time do you think you would want to spend setting up your table?

Would you be willing to rent a table at a race venue?  If so, how much would you pay for the weekend?

I know a lot of you already bought tables.  I've seen what BRP has for sale.  What would have made it better?

brian_gordon

I bought a brp and like it but its a little to long (8full feet), a little to wide, little to heavy(90 lbs), little to tall. quality is good, set up not bad and will hold a heavy bike.

Thingy

Check out Valter Moto.  They have really nice tables.  HTey might have some qualities that you can use.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tshort

FWIW - here's another DIY one - this one is held together without screws, so it could be taken apart and taken to the track...http://www.bbcracing.com/box/
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

motomadness

Thanks guys.  

Any personal like or dislikes about the tables you have used for you own repairs?

Tom Fredricks

I have a perfect track table, Big enough to hold and rebuild a motor at the track, Strong enough to support my 195lb bouncing jelly belly, folds up with ease and is small enough to put anywere. They are also powdercoated to match your bike. I gave one BRG for try out and he likes it. I will have them at BFR this weekend.
T & J racing

Thingy

Here is a like/dislike...  I use a valtermoto stand that I love.  However, the stand is not wide enough to use a Woodcraft front stand.  The wheels of the stand hang off each side of the stand.  (Some other front stands do work)  

So, don't make them too wide, but just wide enough. :)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Thingy

Also, make it foldable.  If you are going to put electrical outlets on it.  Make sure there is a third outlet in case the rider uses a BRG shock warmer.

-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

TZDeSioux

I gots me one of them fabweld tables. It's just big enough for my TZ but I doubt it would work for one of them big ornery four strokes. It folds up flat and could be transported fairly easily and it also has an all aluminum top. I wouldn't mind having a composite table that is ligther. and it would be nice if the legs folded in and then the table folded in half length wise to save space when transporting.

motomadness

TZ_Boy

Sean are you coming to Blackhawk this weekend?