News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Is it Zaus or Chaus???

Started by MightyDuc Racing, July 13, 2003, 03:24:00 PM

hdpromos

They might have got the pronunciation right but Drebber still "blows"! I'd like to hear him say Szczensniak as they're in the same boat! :-*

HD

Frank_Angel

"Chaus" is correct.  http://www.studyspanish.com/pronunciation/letter_x.htm

But they're messing up Vincent's name a little bit, it's HasKOvets, not HasKOvich.

duc995@aol.com

There is no ZZZZzzz sound in Spanish! So Chaus is correct!

THE_D.O.C.

yo, it X-house in da hizzouse.

word.

KeelerDucati03

ok - great than someone contact WSBK and let their commentators who announce every race know this very salient point - I was watching the Fila Ducati rollout and the program announcer said it with a Z - the guys on WSBK say it with a Z - obviously a ton of people have heard it all year long and last year pronounced with a Z otherwise nobody would have noticed the Speed guys saying it - BTW - the Speed guys are still tools - Greg needs a different gig - I am sure he's talented but TWT is a waste - he's better in the field - that said he is still a very poor interviewer and offers very little in the way of insight during a race - Brian Drebber I like - he does a great job outside of Speed....

MightyDuc Racing

I stand corrected...but chaus sounds stupid. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

TZDeSioux

Is it me or does Brian kinda look like Greg White?  ;D

Eddie#200

QuoteThere is no ZZZZzzz sound in Spanish! So Chaus is correct!

The dialect of Spanish in US being Mexican?  It could be since they are the majority of our Spanish speakers, I would guess.  Castilian Spanish (from Spain) is taught in the schools.  In Spain the "z" and "c" letters sound like "th" because a King of theirs had a lisp.  So not to embarass him everyone took on the lisp.  In South America, Mexico, etc the "z"  "c" are said like the sound of the letter "s".  

motomadness

A lisp huh?  Very insightful.  Thanks Eddie.

Eddie#200

QuoteA lisp huh?  Very insightful.  Thanks Eddie.

No...that would be pronounced "THANKTH"  ;D

tigerblade

The P.A. announcer at Laguna went over this.  They talked to Ruben and he said that it would be pronounced "chowss" in Spain, but that is had been kind of Americanized to "zowss".  Ruben is happy with either pronunciation.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Lowe119

What about Duhamel?   Du-ham-al? Du-hom-al? Du-ha-mel?   :P