News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

July 19-20 BHF event

Started by GSXR RACER MIKE, July 12, 2003, 10:10:52 AM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I was just looking at the schedule for the year and noticed that the upcoming BHF event is only a single region event (MW) and wondered how many people are going to that event? I was noticing in my notes that the last single region event there (May 10-11) was raining and cool and had a low turnout. Hopefully the turnout will be somewhat better due to more fair weather riders showing up and also new riders entering CCS. It suprises me that this is not a double points event to attract more riders, even though the upcoming HP event is 2X points, double region (MW & GL but not GP?), and combined with FUSA.

Either way, I'm going to be there. Does anyone know if they paved the pits yet? Riding on that crushed rock kinda sucked!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EX#996

We should be there.....

The last time we were there in May 31st - June 1st, the pits were not paved.  However, there was a pretty good turn out of racers.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

Mike, I dont thing the pits will be paved this year (if at all). They really need to get a steam roller out there and compact the crushed grindings down.

See ya there and dont run me over. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

am_#65_john_deere

should be there, if i can get saturday off work ??? ???whats the weather supposed to be like????

KBOlsen

The pits seem to be getting flatter with use.

We'll be there - I can't wait to see everyone again!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quotewhats the weather supposed to be like????

Hard to say. The forecast changes hour to hour here.  ;D

How do you become a weatherman? I would love a job that pays alot and you can be completely wrong 95% of the time and not get fired. ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

EX#996

Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

Speaking of the weather, for those that don't know, Rockford (which is right near BHF) had an intense storm come thru when we were all at MAM over the 4th of July that caused massive damage to the area. This damage was believed to have been caused by a 'Microburst' packing winds of 100 MPH! This happened at 4:30am on Saturday July 5 and caused the majority of all the damage inside of 5 minutes! There were so many trees down that many streets were impassable and over 60,000 customers were without power, some for up to 6 days. Rockford was even featured on CNN and the Weather Channel this week.

The damage was very focused on Rockford and I don't believe that BHF got any of it. We've been having storm after storm since then, so hopefully Mother Nature will have it out of her system by the time the upcoming BHF event rolls around.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Xian_13

Ohh I will be out at BHFs...
Seems like a month and a half since I last saw the track...
Ohh wait, it has been a that long ;D

QuoteI would love a job that pays alot and you can be completely wrong 95% of the time and not get fired. ;D ;D

Well my Boss is wrong 95%, and he is not a weatherman!!!
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

SliderPhoto

Hope to see everyone there!  :)

Xian_13

Kewl Jack...
I don't think I have been out on the track any weekend that you have been out... Still looking for the holy grail of all pictures of me on my bike ;D
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

SliderPhoto

QuoteKewl Jack...
I don't think I have been out on the track any weekend that you have been out... Still looking for the holy grail of all pictures of me on my bike ;D

Great, I'll look for you!  Yeah, it's been a crazy season so far. Looks like I'll be traveling a little less after the next few days, that will be nice. But I leave today for Mid Ohio 14,15. Then Dave's school 17th, CCS 19-20, and then Torque Center the 22nd. :)