News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Tires wont ballance??what the??

Started by motard11, July 10, 2003, 10:10:52 AM

motard11

Hay guys (and girls),  What is the deal? I got a couple of sets of take-offs from a racer buddie 208-gps  and they are too far out to ballance. They have about 9-10 laps per set on them "riden hard" they look good . One rear was out of round and two wont ballance (needs alot, too much weights) Is this a problem with 208's or dunlops? Ive used takeoffs alot in the past but this is wierd. What do think? ???

GKing

Break the bead and rotate the tire on the wheel.  If you still can't balance it check the balance of the wheel alone.

motard11

Oh yea , I moved the tire on the wheel a bunch and I also checked the wheels...I did get a few that would ballance however most did not . wierd?

OmniGLH

Well, as I understand it, it's fairly common for Dunlops to be out of round straight from the factory.  Balance them as best as you can - that's what most everyone else does.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

motard11

I tried too ballance them, got em close and gave it a try..vibrated so much I lost vision :o Has anyone else had this much trouble?  I must say my bud that I got these from rides fast..like real fast. He replaces his tires almost every 9-15 laps$$$ He said they feel good when we take em off . Just at his level they start too turn, and his lap-times show it.   Should I give up on dunlops or stop buying his tires?

Super_KC124

Never had a problem with Dunlops. ???

sdiver68

QuoteNever had a problem with Dunlops. ???

At your age lots of things are out of balance  ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

motard11

Oh be ever so carefull, grasshoper as I am the zen master ;)