Customer Service

Started by dwilson, July 10, 2003, 06:26:08 AM

dwilson

I was thinking of this topic any way but a few of the past topics made me do it...  Are there any companies that really p.ssed you off?  Any that really went over the top for you?

Yoshimura really jerked me around...  I ordered a set of gloves ($160) in size large.  They sent me XXL.  I called them and they told me they sent me the XXL because they were out of large.  I told them I wanted my money back but they insisted all returns had a 15% restocking fee.  I was furious, talked to a supervisor, and they insisted I pay the restock fee.  I'll never buy a Yoshimura product again.

Dennis Kirk on the other hand is fantastic!  People like to make fun of them for some reason, but they have top notch service.  Every order I've ever placed has showed up on time and with everything I ordered.  If I don't like something, I just put the return label on it and send it back without a hassle.  They're often a little more expensive but the service is worth it to me.

Pit_Girl

prolly a just a little off topic.... but i hate McDonalds.....

not a good thing when you work there :-/

and if i may make a completely impartial comment (honestly, it is :))...
nate's business, //www.Motosliders.com, has excelent customer service, often shipping (if in stock) within a few hours of recieving an order....  he's even been known to hand-deliver sliders to customers in the area  :)  ;D

-jennifer

Jeff

Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse (www.accwhse.com) has to be one of the worst companies on the planet.

Customer service is non-existent.  Wait times are horrific, and to boot, you pay a "handling" fee for this exceptional service...

Crutchfield is one of the best mail order companies I've ever experienced.

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

ceesthadees

QuoteMotorcycle Accessory Warehouse (www.accwhse.com) has to be one of the worst companies on the planet.

Customer service is non-existent.  Wait times are horrific, and to boot, you pay a "handling" fee for this exceptional service...

Amen. I waited forever one time too many from MAW, and finally just stop buying from them. BTW Lockhart-Phillips racer program is pretty sweet (ie. cheap and fast), but they seem to be out of stock a lot lately.

Baltobuell

Buell race dept goes above and beyond to help privateers. I'm a slow nobody and they treat me like I matter. Fast delivery, trackside advice. It's made my racing/midlife crisis a very cool experience. Any club racers ever get a Christmas card from Soichiro Honda? It doesn't make me faster, but it's cool and it's a cool company that really works for Buell owners.

K3 Chris Onwiler

My recent experience with Trackside Engineering (ed@suspension-ed.com 414-453-6720) in Milwaukee was quite positive.  To begin, the price was extremely fair.  After Ohilns sent Ed the wrong seal, he somehow found another in 24 hours and even drove partway to meet me when the suspension was done.  Once the suspension was installed, the bike was literally transformed.  Um, I mean it really sucked.  Yeah.  No need to take your suspension to Ed... :D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

Dontch luv me anymore Chris?? ;) ;) ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

MZGirl

Motorcycles Unlimited in Tucson is a great shop.  First of all, they race with us out at Arroyo, which is cool.  They've helped me a lot with my MZ, which is not a bike that is easy to find parts for or research aftermarker parts for.  I had my bike in at their shop after a race weekend (for new carbs), and they knew I had a race the following weekend.  Parts came in on Friday, and we were leaving that evening for the races.  They pushed all other jobs out of the way all day and stayed at the shop an hour after normal closing.  We picked the bike up on our way out of town, and they had it running great.  The owner left messages on my cell phone on Sat to find out how the bike was running in practice, and wanted to be the first to know how it did on Sun after the races.  Quality service & knowledgable staff at their shop.  I was so grateful I got them dinner gift certificates as a "thank you."

I haven't had any major problems yet with motorcycle companies.  Performance Bicycle has screwed up so many orders with us in the past that I don't order through them anymore.  But that's about it on the negative experience side that I can think of.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteDontch luv me anymore Chris?? ;) ;) ;)
Uh, doesn't EVERYONE ALREADY KNOW that Spyder Leatherworks is the one and only place in the country to send damaged or boring leathers to?  I didn't want to bore anyone by telling them the sky is blue...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com