News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Poor, unprofessional attitude...

Started by OmniGLH, July 09, 2003, 02:28:05 PM

OmniGLH

QuoteIn the future, try dealing with Tom Mason of Mason Racin Tires.  He was there at MAM selling Michilens and Pirellis.  Tom is an outstanding guy.  He'll work just as hard for a guy who's 20 seconds off the pace as he will for a superhero.  Deal with him for a short while and he'll become one of your racing friends who just happens to also sell you tires...

Already do  :)  Tom is the MAN.

We just went with the Bridgestones cuz we had them lying there, we were curious, and they were quite a bit cheaper than another set of Michelins.

Next time we won't experiment.  Trust me.  ;)
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteBut Mr. Shallcross got our attention in a big way Saturday!..... and I'm trying to remember how far into the day this happened......

I was working grid and he scared the crap out of us coming down the front straight.  About 150 yards into the straight he got a massive front end wobble going - bad enough that you could hear it!  I have no idea how he managed to not have that go into a full blown tank slapper!  If I remember right he ran off on turn #1 after that - not sure if that was when he had the front flat.  But even in later races he had a significant wobble at about the same point on the track on each lap.  

Ya Mike had some serious chassis problems all weekend with his bike.  He would get massive headshake just about every time he got on the throttle hard.  We're still a little dumbfounded as to what the cause was.

QuoteI did notice that you guys got it sorted out on Sunday as he came thru the same section clean as can be on each lap.

Yeah, that's cuz he was riding MY bike   ;)  ;D

QuoteJust wanted to pass that on .....  hope it makes sense in relation to the tire issues you were dealing with!

Rick  

His headshake issues had nothing to do with the tires.  I think it may be a setup or geometry problem.  He was having headshake issues with Dunlops - the very same Dunlops that he ran the last race of the weekend with, on my bike, and had no issues.

Thanks for the concern, tho  :)  I guess he left squiggle marks from about the 2-wave start, down past the 5 marker for T1!!!  Pretty hairy...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteWell do you know his name Jim? Send a nice letter to Bridgestone about this ass. I'm sure they would love to hear that their 'reps' are very rude and obnoxious.

No, unfortunately I don't.  Anybody know offhand what the guys name was?  Writing a letter to Bridgestone is exactly my next step.

And Rob - did you tear up a Fiberride wheel on the CSX?  Those are expensive!!!
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

Oh... and I should add, speaking of PROPER customer service, that Jason, the OTHER Bridgestone dealer, understands the PROPER way to do things.  Even tho he didn't feel the tire was faulty (it looked fine), and he mounted it himself so he knew it was mounted properly - he apologized that they didn't work for us, and then offered to buy the tires back!

THAT, my friends, is excellent customer service.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

sdiver68

Wasn't lithiummotorsports the Bridgestone dealer?

www.lithiummotorsports.com

I'm 99% sure they were....
MCRA Race School Instructor

THE_D.O.C.

bridgestone makes the winningest tires in formula one racing. i'm sure they know how to make a tire. if you ask me? dunlops suck. i've never seen a more inconsistant tire company in my life. some days they are round, the next they are out of round. most have a hop, and if so the vendor will tell you it's okay. nope, i'll never use one again.

never gotten a bad tire from michelin.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteAnd Rob - did you tear up a Fiberride wheel on the CSX?  Those are expensive!!!

It tore the rim up bad. Took me 4 months to find an used one to replace it. Had to drive with a steel one from a base dodge shadow until I found one and could afford one. Funny to see a car with 3 225/50 15's and a 205/60 15 on it. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod