News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wegman Weekend:Aug 23rd!!!

Started by spyderchick, July 09, 2003, 12:21:44 PM

spyderchick

Hey y'all! I think many of you are not aware that the Wegman Auction weekend will be held August 23rd @ BHFs this year. Gordy elected to make the change hoping that the weather won't be "africa hot" like it's been the last few years.

So, to confirm: Saturday, August 23rd, Blackhawk Farms Raceway, shortly after events are run on Saturday, in the big white pavillion. Lots of cool stuff to be had, some for a bargain, some just because it's cool. Bid high, bid often. All for a good cause.

For information on the Wegman Benefit Fund OR for info on how to contact Gordy or Dave, send a donation, etc:
Visit //www.wegmanfund.org

FYI: no pit bike race this year. Insurance issues. Bummer, I know.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

StumpysWife

Just emailed Gordon regarding Stumpy's contribution to the auction.  We're bringing lots of spectators to that one, too--with checkbooks in hand!

Heather

spyderchick

Awesome!  ;D Thank you for spreading the word. :D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

oh344ccs

Hey, Spider  
Who scheduled the wegman weekend?  I had planned on coming up there and racing/hanging out for a good cause.  However, it is against a race in my series at Grattan :(.  If I wasn't in a tight points race I would come anyway's but, after missing 2 rounds out of 10, I have to do well at the rest to have a shot.  I was looking forward to seeing the repaved BHF, and maybee spending some CCS winnings ;D.

spyderchick

Gordon Lunde made the decision to change the date of the auction to August. He is the president and runs the fund.

I'm sorry that the weekend confilicts with your schedule. :( It would have been a good time, but if you're in a tight points battle, we understand.

Remember, you can still donate items or have someone spend some of the CCS winnings for you.  ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

TrophyGal

The Southeast & Mid-Atlantic racers & fans REALLY dug deep in their pockets at Roebling Road this past weekend.

In memory of our dear departed race director, Paul Farrell, we collected ....

:o $750  8) for the Wegman Benefit Fund!!!

Biggest contributors were:
Roebling Road Raceway staff (can you believe it?) $100
Darren Danilowicz Refrigration $150
A & J Recognition $150
Danny Tackett & wife $150
WAM Cycles $50

Awesome!!!  

spyderchick

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

the_weggie_man

Thank you so much for your support! It is truly appreciated.

;D ;D ;D ;D

BOOHONDA

whats this I here no more pit bike races that real downer that is one of the best things other than the auction

the_weggie_man

Unfortunately CCS/Clear Channel decided that the Wegman Fund would have to provide it's own insurance for the pit bike race.

Since the race only generates a couple of hundred dollars for the fund we would lose money running it.

So, unless we can convince CCS/Clear Channel that this little gig is worth doing under their insurance the pit bike races have ended.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteSo, unless we can convince CCS/Clear Channel that this little gig is worth doing under their insurance the pit bike races have ended.

But I can only think of ONE injury in the pit bike race in the last 4-5 yrs. And that was a wrist injury.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

the_weggie_man

I really don't think the number of injuries has anything to do with this situation. ::)