VP fuel for MAM

Started by mdr14, June 30, 2003, 11:20:02 AM

mdr14

Matt Drucker and MD Racing will be at MAM friday with VP fuel.

I will be mostly bringing Ultimate 4.

I do have MR 9, MR 8, MR 1, MRX01, & C 12 in stock.

If I do bring those fuels, it will be in limited quantity, so please contact me with your VP fuel needs.

Matt Drucker
MD Racing
(309) 526-3246
mdrstp@frontiernet.net
www.mdracingstp.com
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

DanO966

Matt Baby!!

I'm going to need some U4 this weekend!!
I'm thinking 10 gal??

Thanks man
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

cabbage996

So does race fuel really give any advantage on say an sv with akrapovic system and otherwise stock or does it just smell good?  I know nothing about race fuel, fill me in or send me to a site with some info on what fuel I should run on my stock bike please, I need all the hp I can get since i'm a fatass.

mdr14

The VP race fuel does add Horsepower.

I have found improved acceleration along with smoother carburation and fuel injection.

The on off throttle responsiveness is much improved.

While I am "The VP fuel guy" I have found the above to be true.

Not all race fuel is the same. Some just have higher octane.

In a stock SV, you want to run Ultimate 4 or MR 1, If your running a built SV, you want to run the MR 8 or C-12.

Matt Drucker
Matt Drucker
MD Racing
www.mdracingstp.com

sdiver68

15 Gallons, U4,  thanks!
MCRA Race School Instructor

OmniGLH

QuoteThe VP race fuel does add Horsepower.

I have found improved acceleration along with smoother carburation and fuel injection.

The on off throttle responsiveness is much improved.

While I am "The VP fuel guy" I have found the above to be true.

Not all race fuel is the same. Some just have higher octane.

In a stock SV, you want to run Ultimate 4 or MR 1, If your running a built SV, you want to run the MR 8 or C-12.

Matt Drucker

Just to back up what Matt is stating here.  I've been VERY anti-race fuel (just ask DanO).  I can't justify spending $10/gallon just for fuel.

We took DanO's bike to the dyno yesterday.  Dyno'd it on pump gas, and then siphon'd the tank dry and topped it off with U4.  NO other changes were made in between.  Bike made 5 more peak hp, cleaned up the curve a LOT.  At 10,000 the bike gained 7-8hp by smoothing out a big dip in the curve it had.  The whole curve was smoother and stronger.

While I still may have a hard time swallowing the almost $10/gal price... it definitely makes an improvement.
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak