News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MAM Role Call

Started by sdiver68, June 30, 2003, 06:20:42 AM

sdiver68

OK, who isn't completely broke yet?

Barber role call ought to be even funner!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Dawn

We should be there as long as the motorhome and trailer make it in one piece.

We won't mention money at this point of the season.   ::)

Dawn   :)

motomadness

Super Dave

I'll be there...

Sean, I'll try to bring you some La Casa's pizza...
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

I will be at MAM this weekend racing in the rain with everyone else. I also plan on heading down to Barber too. Someone started a rumor on one of these threads that Barber was a 4 region event, it's only a 3 though! Either way i'm going.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

tigerblade

I'll be there but won't be racing.   :-/

On the topic of Barber, I have to share this e-mail a friend sent to me this morning:

OMG, what a f***ing facility.  That place rivals the best stuff in Europe.
 Words don't do it justice.  Extremely technical but so much fun.  The
damn track is so freaking wide.

I felt bad s***ing in their toilets they were so nice.  The place looks
like a golf course with a racetrack runnin through it.  The tower and
meeting facilities were amazing.

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

Would like to do Barber, but the changing of RA to Topeka changes things for me.  I'll do Topeka and skip Barber...
Super Dave

motomadness

Thanks Dave.  Hey, don't fixate on the great pizza and forget the good ole T111.   ;D

tigerblade

QuoteWould like to do Barber, but the changing of RA to Topeka changes things for me.  I'll do Topeka and skip Barber...

"Skip Barber"   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

cabbage996

I'll be there if I can get my new brake lines in by this weekend.  Just a caution.  If your lines look a little scraped up don't look at them and pump the lever!  Brake fluid in the eyes isn't pleasant.  Good thing I saw it before this weekend going into turn 1 at MAM!

tigerblade

Quote Good thing I saw it before this weekend going into turn 1 at MAM!

Yep, you could have Telefonica'd it like that kid on the Gixxer at MAM last year!

*Edited to prevent misunderstanding.*
Younger Oil Racing

Super Dave

Quote"Skip Barber"   ;)
LOL, you caught that... 8)
Super Dave

OmniGLH

I'll be there, pitting for DanO and Shallcross.

I pick my newly-welded and Computrack'd carcass up from 4&6 tonight... if I can get it together by Thursday afternoon, I might do some track time in the practice sessions.  Might even try a race on Sunday if the shoulder feels good from Friday/Sat morning practices  ;D

Diver - who all from your crew will be there?  Eric/Todd/Cary?  We're plannin on camping at the track.. party keg will be tapped and waiting.  ;D
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

motomadness

QuoteYep, you could have Telefonica'd it!

Really not amusing.  Very bad taste.

tigerblade

QuoteReally not amusing.  Very bad taste.

Not at all in reference to Kato (just realized that connection).   :-/  There was some kid at a trackday last year with a Telefonica-rep Gixxer 600 that cut Cabbage off a few times until he finally missed turn one at MAM (into the grass unhurt).  I'd never joke about someone getting injured or worse.  I may be a jerk sometimes, but I know the line.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

cabbage996

Yeah he's talking about a little inside joke.  My first trackday at MAM some kid on a brand new telefonica 600 was all over the track and almost took me out  on the corner going onto the straight.  I remember thinking if he doesn't crash i'm going to kick his butt, unfortunately he bit it in turn 1 that very lap with me right behind smiling.  

Super_KC124

I'll be there friday. Testing a 750! Must have more power! ;D

am_#65_john_deere

picking my tractor up from 4&6 tomorrow

hopefully it will be straighter than it was ;D

should be at the track on thursday evening

just in time to put the rest of it back together ;D ;D

see yez all there ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

its been too long

motomadness

No problem.  I guess I just wasn't in the know.

Cheers,

sdiver68

Hey Ptak, it will be great to see you again at the track!  It will be great to see Dano again as well, tell him I have a little something for him ;)  Of course, I may need a big something lol!

It will be Todd Bohnsack, Steve Nemish, Mike Pruitt and myself.  I'll be staying at one of the flea bag hotels near the track, but we'll definitely partake, my girlfriend will be there also.  Are you bringing a grill?  

MCRA Race School Instructor

OmniGLH

QuoteHey Ptak, it will be great to see you again at the track!  It will be great to see Dano again as well, tell him I have a little something for him ;)  Of course, I may need a big something lol!

It will be Todd Bohnsack, Steve Nemish, Mike Pruitt and myself.  I'll be staying at one of the flea bag hotels near the track, but we'll definitely partake, my girlfriend will be there also.  Are you bringing a grill?  

Hmmm, grill... I don't know.  Let me talk to Sticky and DanO and get back to you.  It certainly would make sense, wouldn't it?
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

OmniGLH

QuoteHey Ptak, it will be great to see you again at the track!  It will be great to see Dano again as well, tell him I have a little something for him ;)  

LOL... well we spent some time on the dyno at 4&6 yesterday, let's just say he may have something for YOU!  ;D

...gotta love those 636s....
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

And I will have my R6.... ;D
Super Dave

Dawn

We will have a grill if need be.  Look for the motorhome THIS time.

Dawn   :)

tigerblade

I might bring a grill too.  Since I won't be racing, I'll be available for cooking duties.
Younger Oil Racing

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteI'll be there friday. Testing a 750! Must have more power! ;D
Hey Kev, let me help you set up the suspension & fuel injection! :P
And yes, I will be at MAM.  I have a new water mister mounted in my tailsection for slickening the track momentarily in an effort to control sandbagging...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super_KC124

QuoteHey Kev, let me help you set up the suspension & fuel injection! :P
And yes, I will be at MAM.  I have a new water mister mounted in my tailsection for slickening the track momentarily in an effort to control sandbagging...

Sorry Chris. Old guy, old GSXR. It's a 97. Carbs you know. As for a wet track, Bring it on. I like the water. ;D

Super Dave

QuoteI might bring a grill too.  Since I won't be racing, I'll be available for cooking duties.

No "Omaha Steaks"...  I think you can still go to Baker's and get better ones that don't cost as much...
Super Dave

tigerblade

QuoteNo "Omaha Steaks"...  I think you can still go to Baker's and get better ones that don't cost as much...

My parents' best friends raise livestock.  I don't usually have to buy steaks from the grocery store.  ;)
Younger Oil Racing

Super Dave

QuoteMy parents' best friends raise livestock.  I don't usually have to buy steaks from the grocery store.  ;)

Yeah, baby...

I always love this..."We get the best cuts from the Midwest."

...Really....you actually think that a rancher is going to sell you his best cuts of meat?  I think he's gonna eat the best one's for breakfast and sell you something else.  It'll be good, don't get me wrong, but some are sadly mistaken.

I would like to sell some of those people some nice beach front property just outside of Norfolk. ;D  (That's Nebraska for you guys out east...)
Super Dave