Homestead Racetrack

Started by clutch, June 30, 2003, 06:12:28 AM

clutch

Thinkin about visiting the family in Florida and just so happens to be during the week of the CCS races at Homestead racetrack.  Anyone ridden this and whats it like?  Worth it for a little middle of winter racing and gettin out of the North East?  Is there a website for this track..always says call for details.

MightyDuc Racing

http://homesteadmiamispeedway.com/

I raced my very first race there in February.  I personally like the track.  Turn 1 and Turn 10 are intense, extremely high speed transitions from the speedway straights into the infield...awesome!  However, they are currently doing NASCRAP construction as you can see in the photos on the website, which is adding a ton of banking to it.  Not sure what that's gonna do to our track...we'll see.  Either way, it is a cool place to race, the garages are awesome, and that event in December has a LOT of racers at it since everybody else's region is done by then.  See ya there!
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

clutch

Thanks Duc..might have to try it out.  Only 120 miles from Naples, FL.  Somthing to do and would be great to be on the cycle in December while everyone else is FREEZING in the N.E.

MightyDuc Racing

I'm in Cape Coral/Fort Myers area, about 30 minutes North of Naples.  It's not a long drive at all from Naples...about 2 hours.  Alligator Alley to the Turnpike and ur there.  Definitely worth it if you're gonna be down this way anyways.  Plus, the Penguin School runs that week, and you get to watch the Wood Brothers try to whip up on our local guys.  Last year they did, but our guys get faster every year! ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

davegsxrold929r

where do you race in the NE ??? i loved Homestead !!!!  raced there in Feb. /. and i normally race Loudon ., Summit and VIR !!  so you will like homestead., and perfect timing in the winter !!!

clutch

I meant Mid Atlantic region but I live in NE in Maryland..It aint so Mary and I hate this state..want to move to NC, GA or FL.  You cant buy a single family home here in MD where I live for under $300k that is nice...IMHO..with land that is..want at least an acre or two with a huge garage with a small house attached :)  .  I mainly race at Summit since it is only an hour and a half from me..fuel dollars and work schedule accomodate this track great. Next year will make more VIR trips--been to VIR twice.  First year this year for racing..track days for a couple now.

MELK-MAN

i like homestead. GREAT pit facility. You have a 2 car garage size covered area PER rider if you want. Electric and all. More of a horsepower track than Jennings but it is fun. as others have said, 2 turns are fast comming off banking. Nice change of pace.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice