News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Transport needed to MAM from Chicago

Started by Fast4fun, June 28, 2003, 10:39:16 AM

Fast4fun

I am looking for a transport for my bike to MAM this weekend from Chicagoland area. Anyone have room for another bike?
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

K3 Chris Onwiler

I'm going, and have a 2 bike enclosed trailer.  E me.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Fast4fun

Chris, I sent you an email this afternoon. I appreciate your offer. I plan on going, just call me whenever you can. What day do you plan on leaving?
Thanks for your help. I plan on driving separately so I have room for extra stuff if you need it.
CCS Mid West EX #675
Tri 675

Steviebee

I'd love to go ,  but the 10 hour ride from Indy (all alone) is too much for me !!

Have fun guys !!!

Plus ive never been therer!!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Steve, it looks like I'll be riding solo as well, because Tim has a car.  If you want, we could convoy.  At least then we'd be together if either of us has trouble.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

EX#996

QuoteI'd love to go ,  but the 10 hour ride from Indy (all alone) is too much for me !!

11 hours for us.  

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

Steve, another option would be three bikes in your trailer.  I said I would take Tim's bike in my 2 place trailer, but if three would fit in yours, you and I could ride together and have a 3-way split on the gas money.  Bring it on, Kid.  We all miss you.
K3

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI'd love to go ,  but the 10 hour ride from Indy (all alone) is too much for me !!
Have fun guys !!!
Plus ive never been therer!!

I always am alone when I go racing and don't really mind traveling that way. The 1st time I went to Daytona to race was in '98, I went by myself, 20 hour drive each way, not ever having been to that track. The way I look at it is there's gotta be a 1st time sometime!
     I plan on going to Heartland Park (10 hours), Barber (13 hours), and Daytona (20 hours) by myself yet this year. If money or work isn't the problem just go for it, you never know when CCS won't be returning to a track in the future. Each track has it's individual challenges which help you to develop your skills even further, the more of them you race at the easier it gets.

Though I could easily fit 6 bikes in my trailer (and up to 9 if I get creative) I am not sure when I will be leaving Rockford on Friday, otherwise I would maybe offer to let you guys merge into my trailer or join your racer convoy (10-4, come back, rubber duck! ;D LOL ;D). I am also planning on staying in Council Bluffs Friday and Saturday night and not camping at the track (already have a room at the Motel 6), so mabey that wouldn't work anyway.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Steviebee

arrrg  You guys are making this too difficult for me.

I'd still love to go but i've decided to bow out.  I want to go to Barber (IM GOING TO BARBER!!!) so i need to budget my funds .

K3 are you planning on going to Barber, maybe we can work something out for that ??

Anyways thanks for the offer guys,  Your the best.

I'll just have to wait till the next blackhawk.

K3 Chris Onwiler

I made a deal with Ron Springfloat for Barber.  I'll be driving to St. Louis and hooking up with him for the rest of the trip.
815-258-5298.  Call me when, er... if you change your mind, Steve.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Thanks for the kind offer, Mike.  I guess I'll be hauling the 2 bikes and driving solo unless Stevie gets his head out of his @$$.   :D ;D 8) ::)
Hey, GSXRMike!   Come by the Hustler trailer and introduce yourself, because I can't put a face with your posts.
K3

spyderchick

QuoteI made a deal with Ron Springfloat for Barber.  I'll be driving to St. Louis and hooking up with him for the rest of the trip.

That should be a fun trip, cigar smokin' and talkin' smack the whole way.  :D Can you guys video that for me?
 ;) :D ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".