News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

LW SS Times at Jennings

Started by fizzer400, June 26, 2003, 09:51:35 AM

fizzer400

I was wondering if anybody could give me a general idea of what a fast/race-winning amateur lightweight supersport time is at Jennings. What about a decent/non race-winning time?

Thanks,
Jeff

MELK-MAN

QuoteI was wondering if anybody could give me a general idea of what a fast/race-winning amateur lightweight supersport time is at Jennings. What about a decent/non race-winning time?

Thanks,
Jeff

fast winning expert rider on lightweight SV650 is a 1:21..Alex Ferrerra and John Linder battle at that time. Fast am guys like Scuba,Mike Mills, MightyD, 1:23-25..
Now, the fast 2-stroke guys...now your into the 1:20-19 range. Mark brown on his built 250. Then theres the record holder Chuck Sorensen on his 25 at a 1:15.6..yikes..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

fizzer400

Wow, that's fast. And depressing.  ;)

Thanks,
Jeff

MightyDuc Racing

If you're an amateur, there's 4 of us that run around 1:24 all the time, and that's if Matt Walker comes.  After that though, there is still 5th place wood left to be had and I don't think 1:28 would be too awful bad.  Besides that, we kept taking each other out last time up there...lol.  Can't win from the trees. :o  I didn't realize that Linder and Ferreira were that fast...thought they were running 23's like us.  Wow.  Linder helped me into the 24's for the first time when I chased and swapped some with him in practice.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

Oh yeah...Mills and I don't run Supersport, so two less fast guys in that class.  But the real fun is in GT Lights..usually close to 20 riders.  Steve pretty much owns LTWT SS for the rest of the year...very fast rider.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

fizzer400

Yes, I'm an amateur and actually a very GREEN amateur...I've only got one race weekend under my belt(last season at Roebling) and last weekend's open house was my first time at Jennings. I was hoping to make the last CCS event at Jennings in Sept, but I should probably do a trackday between now and then! It could only help. I guess my slow times aren't as much of an issue as me running a conventional and predictable race line, so as long as I ride the line so you guys can blaze past me! :)

Jeff

MightyDuc Racing

We didn't lap anybody that I'm aware of last time at Jennings.  Maybe they did the last few laps, I crashed out twice...lol.  Our biggest trouble there is the slower experts...gets pretty crowded every once in a while.  I wouldn't worry about what we are running, just go and have a good time.  You never know, right?  The first time I went there, it was my first track day and I was in the 1:35 range.  Went back for the races and 11 seconds disappeared...you just never know.  See ya there if I can ever get a frigging job to pay for it. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

fizzer400

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I was on the yellow and blue sv650 which is easily identified by the freakin' huge old gixxer style tail I have on it! :) The first day I rode in the beginners group because I wanted to follow the safey riders and learn the line. The second day I moved up to intermediate. Since my wife got pretty sunburned the first day, I only rode two sessions on the second day. I was running w/o a tach, so I'm sure I was short-shifting all day. I'm hoping that alone gains me a few seconds. I don't know if I was lapped, but I got passed by alot of people and I seemed to pass a lot of people also. Since I'm more comfortable with the tight twisty stuff than the high speed stuff, I seemed to make time on some people there to lose it in the wide-open sections. I also had an offtrack excursion coming out of turn 2. :)

Jeff

MELK-MAN

QuoteIf you're an amateur, there's 4 of us that run around 1:24 all the time, and that's if Matt Walker comes.  After that though, there is still 5th place wood left to be had and I don't think 1:28 would be too awful bad.  Besides that, we kept taking each other out last time up there...lol.  Can't win from the trees. :o  I didn't realize that Linder and Ferreira were that fast...thought they were running 23's like us.  Wow.  Linder helped me into the 24's for the first time when I chased and swapped some with him in practice.

yup.. and practice is just that..practice. Chad Wolfe and i were at the fence in 12 watching the battle between him and Alex and we were timing them. they dipped into the mid 21s during the race. itwas a great race with linder in the 1st race passing in 13 for the win.

Mighty..ill let ya get away with sayin you can do 1:23-24 when ya actually finish a race there!! LOL!! ;D (couldnt resist).. You will do fine when you dont have to worry so much about that thing.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

MightyDuc Racing

Man that's fast on an SV...lol.  Was anybody else anywhere near 'em?
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

ScubaSteve

You should run the last race at jennings. I wouldnt worry about your lap time s just practice the saturday before i will even help you out if you would like. I have a ton of laps there. I havent had a tach on my bike at all just put it on this week. Me and mills ran 23s last time there.
Steve

CCS FL

ceesthadees

Quotefast winning expert rider on lightweight SV650 is a 1:21..Alex Ferrerra and John Linder battle at that time. Fast am guys like Scuba,Mike Mills, MightyD, 1:23-25..
Now, the fast 2-stroke guys...now your into the 1:20-19 range. Mark brown on his built 250. Then theres the record holder Chuck Sorensen on his 25 at a 1:15.6..yikes..

I cannot even imagine doing 1:15's. There has got to be some other plane of existence these guys are in. I was there when Chuck set the record (not the actual lap, but was watching earlier in the day). I swear he did not hit the brakes entering turn 1.  :o :o