News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV Tach Wiring Probs

Started by Nate R, June 24, 2003, 03:55:30 PM

Nate R

I have an 86 or 87 Katana Tach for my SV. (Has it's own enclosure, etc.)  I've heard of and seen this type of older suzuki Tach used in SVs.

It has three wires, an Orange, a Black with red stripe, and black with white stripe.

I tried several grounds and even direct connect to the battery, but whenever I connect the tach wire to the Black wire with Yellow tracer (The wire coming off of the coil, which is the tach pickup for the SVS) it fires on one cylinder instead of 2, but the tach works.

Can anyone help? Is there a specific ground I should use? Is there something i should or should not hook up? Any suggestions? Should I run a wire straight to the coil, or even to the other coil, and not use the one for the stock tach?
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Nate R

GOT IT!!!!  :D  :D   ;D   ;D  ;D  8)  8)  8)  :)  8)  

Nobody, including myself, ever thought to look at the simplest thing: Which wires I was hooking up to where!  I was hooking the Black/White to ground, which is fine......The Orange to Coil signal, and the Black/Red to positive switched power. But, positive is orange and the black red is tach pickup.....Someone in wera tipped me off to that!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Pit_Girl

geeze nate.... :P

i had thought that parhaps the wire colors wernt the same, but i didnt say anything because i figured you knew what you were doing.... perhaps i should have said something ;)

so, perhaps you will be dragin knee at BHF in july?

you know, nate's prolly outside right not playing with the thing, rev'in it like crazy as i speak( just to "make sure it works" of course ::)).... d*** i wish i could be over there lol ;D ;D ;D

-jennifer