News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

No more 2 Wheel Tuesdays?

Started by StumpysWife, June 24, 2003, 07:38:42 AM

StumpysWife

Hmmm, seems some of the frustrations about Speed's motorcycle programming were well founded.  According to amasuperbike.com Two Wheel Tuesday may be a thing of the past next year  :'(.

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Jun/030624a.htm

lbk

That's pathetic especially considering they don't play Motorcycles ALL DAY on tuesdays anyway. So reducing it even more is insane. If there are hardly any motorcycle races, I'm dropping my sattelite package, the ONLY reason I chose the one I did was because of speed. So then not only does speed take the hit, but so does DISH. Not likely to change a thing, but I get fed up with this. It's stinking NASCAR channel and only getting worse.

All of this is kind of suprising because this year they seemed to be putting more Motorcycle coverage than last year. They hardly covered any races on Sunday, they just waited till Tuesday this year they are covering more, but why just to build our hopes up then let us down for next year?

CRA_Fizzer

Hopefully OLN will pick it up.  They are already showing motorcross races.  Have to wait and see. ???

Chewy

Just read more on this topic.  It seems the rumors of cutting programming is becoming more and more true.

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Jun/030624a.htm

This really bites and most of the racers miss these races because of traveling on Sunday.  The Tuesday re-runs that I would sometimes play hookie from work to see are now going to be limited.

Johnson

what do you call a hick chasing a redneck around in circles?..................
............................NASCAR!

MightyDuc Racing

Time for another petition to Speed.  They get their ratings based on a few families in each area.  Anybody know a racer that is a nielsen family?  I don't, and I'm sure that more of us are watching than they think.  This sucks.  Fricking NASCRAP.  Who needs to see 7 days of it instead of 6, I mean how much crap is there to talk about.  I used to like NASCAR before they ran it into the ground.  Enough already. >:(
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Eddie#200

QuoteI e-mail TWT@speedtv.com

Dawn   :-/

I did already... their answer was that they think there isn't enough intrest to increase the time slot and there is plenty of motorcycle coverage for the viewership.

Here is a chance for another group to take the cycle fans away from them....  ;D

StumpysWife

Well we can always write to the umbrella girl company and tell them we aren't buying anymore umbrella girls.  

Seriously though, a note to advertisers (I can remember Joe Rocket, Dunlop, Honda, Yamaha and Spidi off the top of my head) may be in order.  Apparently they have enough viewers that advertisers will buy time according to the info they are provided.  

Shall we call in to our buddy Dave Despain Friday on Wind Tunnel?

We kept it real last night and were out on our own 2 wheels anyway.  Until 10:25 for Formula Extreme that is   ;D.

MightyDuc Racing

Calls to Dave Despain sounds like a GREAT idea. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: