News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

hey, did you know that wera thinks.....

Started by THE_D.O.C., June 23, 2003, 07:43:11 PM

Zac

Here's some ideas for generating some intrest in club racing that a couple smaller clubs are trying.  SMRI who races at Sandia in Albuquerque is lucky enough to have a track with grandstands from which you can see most of the track, and they get some spectators out there.  They are looking into running an exhibition race during the stock car races to expose more people.  Those roundy round races bring in a good amount of spectators, even if they're local guys driving limited late modles, they're still NASCAR.

At Arroyo Seco between Deming and Las Cruces, we'll usually get around 10-20 or so spectators for the races.  This isn't counting friends and family.  There isn't much else to do in Deming, and the races get advertised, and race writeups apear in the local papers.  The new track owner (Roger Heemsbergen) is working to get some decent stands in place and some shade for the spectators to howfully bring more out.  

Local advertising works, and CCS isn't doing it. If you have a local sponser such as a shop or resturant, ask them to post some information on your races.

A lot of our tacks (at least in the southwest) leave something to be desired in terms of facilities.  Who (non-racers) would want to watch a race at Firebird East?  We'll get some friends and family to show up and hang out in the pits, but it hard for them to watch much of the racing.  But what can we do about that?

-z.

racesbikes

QuoteThe topic of "enlarging" the fan base brings a thought to mind for all you local DC area enthusiasts...

This August is the 100th anniversary of Harley. So in the close vicinity of Milwaukee there will be about 500,000 bikes/riders? Many attendees will be Euros who are familiar with bike racing.

Couldn't some kind of race been held at the Milwaukee mile in conjunction with the HD events? Maybe an all-Buell ROC - or a Motard race? Low price admission.....combine it with a truck pull/demolition derby/Harley drags/coleslaw wrestling or something just to get bike/race fans to attend?

Paint the bikes in NASCAR colors......invite celebs like Leno/Fonda to pit for teams? Invite the NASCAR drivers if you think it will help draw a crowd.

If you can't get the fan base to come to you.....go to them.
 ;D

Super Dave

You're assuming that all H-D riders are motorcycle racing fans...  at least they ride bikes, but some are just posers.  Ask a TRUE Harley-Davidson enthusiaist.

The Milwaukee Mile was the site of a CCS race in 1988, and then again for a 883HD race in like 1992 or 1993.  It's the wrong place for motorcycles to race.

Attract people?  Tell 'em I'm coming...When I was doing a lot of racing with AHRMA on a CB400F, we had people that would come out just to watch us.  We were underpowered, but I would win.  People just wanted to hear the 400/4 wail its cylinders.
Super Dave

mbmotorsports

QuoteBrad Wilson you are the puddin' stick!
June 14/15 at Roebling was my first experience with the CCS transponder system. What a revalation -- they posted everyones lap times. Cuts out a lot of BS bragging. Many of us delighted in seeing the posted lap times of a wellknown WERA braggart who regularly posts claims to running 1:17's on his overbuilt Honda Hawk. We could not find our friend with any transponder lap times in the teens and it seems that a 4th race weekend novice was faster and winning some of the twins races overall.

Keep your eye on 17 year old James Chance out of Savannah Ga. A pure talent on a stock SV650.

this cat comes in here and shows his "respect" for me and lies about laptimes that were posted all weekend (mine in particular) by ccs via transponder and then insinuates ive lied about my laptimes in the past. doesnt mention i won 7 races that weekend and is apparently stunned to biblical proportions that i didnt run fast enough laptimes to win the races.
so i tell him to stick it up his ass and i get the back of MY hand slapped with a wooden ruler????? and this persons post remains intact??????

i even changed ass to rectum??  im confused, but at the same time i dont really care.

Super Dave

Super Dave

Dawn

Quotethis cat comes in here and shows his "respect" for me and lies about laptimes that were posted all weekend (mine in particular) by ccs via transponder and then insinuates ive lied about my laptimes in the past. doesnt mention i won 7 races that weekend and is apparently stunned to biblical proportions that i didnt run fast enough laptimes to win the races.
so i tell him to stick it up his ass and i get the back of MY hand slapped with a wooden ruler????? and this persons post remains intact??????

i even changed ass to rectum??  im confused, but at the same time i dont really care.

Matt:

In your original post your told all of us to "stick it up our collective...."

I nicely and politely stated that that wasn't necessary.  You then stated you changed it, big deal, it didn't change your intent.

Then another person responded to your post in a very crude, inappropriate way.  He or she used names of other racers and I am sure that they would not appreciate being "used" as such.  That post was deleted.  

I could have simply done this without telling anyone, but I chose to be up front about it.  Everything has repercussions.  Just as your posting on this BBS or others does.  Remember, you shared that you are an instructor for one of the road racing schools.  Posts like yours above does not help your credibility, nor does it put a favorable light on the school you represent, or the businesses that you own.

If you are at MAM or BHF and would like to discuss this in person, I would be happy to sit down with you.

Dawn  

Super Dave

No, no, no!  

Don't entice him to come out!

We'll just ridicule his lap times and tell him ours are better!   ;D ;D ;D
Super Dave

THE_D.O.C.

geeeeez, what's wrong with that? you guys DO watch prime time televsion at night don't you. it's not like matt posted some scat pics or anything.  ::)

Dawn

Quotegeeeeez, what's wrong with that? you guys DO watch prime time televsion at night don't you. it's not like matt posted some scat pics or anything.  ::)

Nope, we don't have none of that fancy electricity where we live......

..... so no T - V for meeee......

Dawn   ;D

mbmotorsports

in my original post i told the postee to stick it up his ass, the postee and his buddies that experienced the revelation, not this board. read it again. im a big boy and take full responsibility for my mouth, both with my teaching for learning curves (rick breuer) and my personal businesses. thanks for your concern though, i know you mean well and this is your house.

if there is any way possible for me to see the reply to my post, i wish it to happen, send it to me in private. ill keep it and any retaliation off this board. ill pay you for it, name your price.

mbmotorsports

or tell the person to email it to me directly, just get it to me, i live for sh-t like this.

Dawn

Quoteif there is any way possible for me to see the reply to my post, i wish it to happen, send it to me in private. ill keep it and any retaliation off this board. ill pay you for it, name your price.

Sorry Matt, once the post is deleted there is no getting it back.  You may want to PM s_minella.  That is the person that responded to your post.

Take care,

Dawn   ;)