Started by Eddie#200, June 23, 2003, 08:46:53 AM

Eddie#200

Edgar popped two more at CBIR last weekend!  :o

Dawn

OH my goodness!!!!!

What is he doing to those poor things?

Dawn   :-/

Jeff

There's this newly developed substance designed to help.  It's called OIL  ;D  :P
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Eddie#200

QuoteThere's this newly developed substance designed to help.  It's called OIL  ;D  :P

I think he is over spinning the engines during downshift. :o

Jeff

Would a slipper clutch be cheaper?  I think they allow for mis-matches during downshifts...  (or is it only on starts?)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Protein Filled

Damn Eddie!!! What a big mouth!!! I guess I am starting to get a feel why K3 is trying to run you off the track. And to think that the last time at Gingerman I did not run into you because I thought you were a nice guy even though you pitted with Casper and the MIA!!

At least now I know how come Casper left me a message yesterday afternoon making fun.

It's not 4 motors. I see it as 3 and a half :)

Anyboy has a spare crank that they would like to donate? I promise to change my riding style!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

K3 Chris Onwiler

For God's sake, Edgar!  Get a 750 and come race with me.  You've obviously overdeveloped the SV to the point where it's become a grenade.  Are you still having fun?  Change something before you get discouraged and quit.
Besides, Casper and I miss you.  The little accent makes you just so sexy!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Eddie#200

QuoteDamn Eddie!!! What a big mouth!!! I guess I am starting to get a feel why K3 is trying to run you off the track. And to think that the last time at Gingerman I did not run into you because I thought you were a nice guy even though you pitted with Casper and the MIA!!

At least now I know how come Casper left me a message yesterday afternoon making fun.

It's not 4 motors. I see it as 3 and a half :)

Anyboy has a spare crank that they would like to donate? I promise to change my riding style!

Yo, Edgar... Don't you think it's better not to have roomers get started.  I did call Casper because he was truly interested in finding out what was the issue.  So he made fun of you, huh? ;)  I guess he never blows up engines either...right?  Most of the thoughts were that you needed to fire your mechanic... :P  

Actually, I think the engines you put together are top shelf... not many of us can build an engine that can run that strong.   Now we all know it's not the engine! ;D  

As for K3 running me off the track I don't think he really wants to do that because so far he has been a good sportsman doing the right stuff to catch Rick and me.  I received the latest points standings in email yesterday to see that he is leading Great Plains F40.  Maybe I should run more of those races  ::)

Protein Filled

I figured it must be me since I built 3 other motors for other people and they are all running very strong. I spoke to a few people about my riding style and it seems that the concensus was that it was my downshifting into corners that is making them overrev and then the rod bearings run out of oil. The 2 motors that I broke this weekend were bone stock! Who was it that said you could not blow up a stock SV motor?

I was thinking of getting a 600 or 750 for next year. I guess we'll just have to see what happens...

Hey K3, not discouraged yet. Broke maybe, but not discouraged. I have to get home tonight to start tearing them apart and see if I can salvage enough to put one motor together so I have something for Mid-America on the 4th of July weekend...I hope to see you all there.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Edgar, I destroyed a motor at Road America specifically by downshifting too soon and mechanically overrevving the motor.  The ignition rev limiter will not prevent this, because it is being caused by the speed of the rear tire being transferred through the transmission to the engine.  Be more patient with your downshifts, and good luck.

As for money, just tell the cartel that you need another shipment of banannas. ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Protein Filled

QuoteEdgar, I destroyed a motor at Road America specifically by downshifting too soon and mechanically overrevving the motor.  The ignition rev limiter will not prevent this, because it is being caused by the speed of the rear tire being transferred through the transmission to the engine.  Be more patient with your downshifts, and good luck.

As for money, just tell the cartel that you need another shipment of banannas. ;D

I know that driving the motor with the rear tire is not good, but I did not think I was really doing it enough to blow them.

Regarding the bananas, the only problem is that the last time I got a shipment, Casper ate most of them and never paid...and now they won't ship them to me on credit. ;D ;D ;D

Dawn

QuoteRegarding the bananas, the only problem is that the last time I got a shipment, Casper ate most of them and never paid...and now they won't ship them to me on credit. ;D ;D ;D

Oh my goodness.....

After the day I had, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!  

Thanks Edgar.

Dawn   ;D

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteI know that driving the motor with the rear tire is not good, but I did not think I was really doing it enough to blow them.

Regarding the bananas, the only problem is that the last time I got a shipment, Casper ate most of them and never paid...and now they won't ship them to me on credit. ;D ;D ;D
Valve float is valve float, and from what I remember the one and only time I rode an SV, the redline is pretty low.  

When downshifting, you COULD accomplish them all, but wait until you were near to the turn in point to let the clutch out once and only once.  This works for some people, but really scares others because of the false neutral thing.  Otherwise, be patient.  Long fast straights like RA or Brainerd has would be the worst.  You're trying to get in deep, (I know firsthand that you suck on the brakes, Edgar) so all your attention is on the brake functions.  Once you pull the brake lever, some tiny portion of your mind starts yanking away at the shifter.  Fan several downshifts before the bike slows down sufficiently, and you could be spinning the motor at 3, 4, 5, or more thousand extra revs.

I'm picturing Casper as Scarface, busting open a Banana Cream Pie on the desk, then coming up with whipped cream on his face and an AK47 in each hand.  Imagine those red-rimmed, piggish eyes and maniacal grin glaring out at you through a mask of confection...  Ooooh!  I just gave myself the chills.  Happy place, happy place, happy place...