News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Riding over his head?

Started by dave333, June 20, 2003, 05:09:45 PM

dave333

Gotta tell y'all, I must really like beating dead horses.  But, this is exactly what I was talking about.  I'm sure a lot of us saw it, I think Pitt should be flogged...

Andrew Pitt created a situation for himself, his Japanese team-mate Akira Yanagawa and Jeremy McWilliams at Catalunya last weekend when the factory Kawasaki rider missed his braking point at turn four of the first lap. Pitt ended up trying to go through the middle of McWilliams bike with both of them then hitting Pitt's new team-mate Akira Yanagawa, with all three then bouncing off the track into the kitty litter.

The wild-card entrant Yanagawa clearly was not in a good state and was carried off the track unconscious on a stretcher , he was later being checked for broken ribs while Pitt was left to explain to a very angry Ulsterman what had happened.

McWilliams commented that he had spoken with Pitt, "I asked Pitt afterwards if he thought he was going to win the race in the first lap from the back row of the grid; but to be honest my main concern was for his team-mate, who didn't look too well."

He continued "This sort of thing shouldn't happen at this level."

The Australian Former World Supersport Champion explained . "I passed a couple of guys through turn one and then thought I could get up the inside of Jezza, but got into the turn too hot.

RESULT:
It was originally thought that Yanagawa had fractured a number of ribs in the crash. But following a thorough examination and a series of x-rays, doctors at the hospital confirmed that Yanagawa had sustained two compressed vertebrae and ligament damage to his neck in the first lap incident.

Gixxer124

I thought you were talking about K3. (I gonna get my @ss kicked for sure. ;D)

EX#996

QuoteI thought you were talking about K3. (I gonna get my @ss kicked for sure. ;D)

Well Kevin...

....  it was nice knowing you.  Even for a little while.

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

I didn't see the race...I can't afford cable...it would get into my tiny racing budget.

Over someone's head?  Well, we are talking about World Supersport, right?  That's a real rough and tumble series.  Ever notice that there are no guys from the states in that?  Probably because it looks as rough as it is.  You're going to get beat up in that series.  

I can't comment on the specifics, but a minor mistake can lead to some pretty nasty consequences.  These are guys that are paid good money to race.  They are expected to have results, not sit around and wait.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

It's actually MotoGP, Dave.  I don't personally see how you can accuse somebody that has made it to the pinnacle of two-wheeled motorsports of riding over their head.  My opinion is that the guy is tired of riding around near last on a bike that is not competitive and was hoping some early aggressive moves could maybe help him get himself and his team a better finish for once.  He wound up making a mistake...nobody's perfect.  Riding over his head?  LOL.  By the way, get well soon Yanagawa.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

dave333

QuoteI didn't see the race...

Maybe you can take a look at it from someone who taped it.  I couldn't believe my eyes.  

MightyDuc Racing

Dave...you gotta see that race.  Even though Rossi didn't win, and I obviously was rooting for the Duc, that was probably one of the top three greatest rides in the history of GP.  Wow!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

dave333

Quote...hoping some early aggressive moves could maybe help him get himself and his team a better finish for once...

By the way, get well soon Yanagawa.

Maybe, but I believe he should put that "move" toward the back of the list...

Amen.  Heal quick Yanagawa...

MightyDuc Racing

Reminds me of Barros crashing last year trying to beat Rossi when he went too deep on the brakes and almost took them both out.  I can only imagine and dream about how fast those bikes must be.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Super_KC124

I think Duc hit it right on the head. Pitt won the supersport championship by finishing races. He made few mistakes and hardly ever crashed. I think getting you arse handed to you ever week has got to change your race strategy. ;)

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteI thought you were talking about K3. (I gonna get my @ss kicked for sure. ;D)
What a shame you'll never live to see a white plate on your bike...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super_KC124

QuoteWhat a shame you'll never live to see a white plate on your bike...
LOL. I hope? Sorry Chris. You know what a smart arse I am. I just couldn't resist. :-*

Eddie#200

QuoteI think Duc hit it right on the head. Pitt won the supersport championship by finishing races. He made few mistakes and hardly ever crashed. I think getting you arse handed to you ever week has got to change your race strategy. ;)

So is this your new approach?? ;D

Super_KC124