PLEASE HELP! Petition AMA not to end race classes

Started by peanutbritt, June 19, 2003, 08:59:02 AM

peanutbritt

Please sign this petition asking AMA Pro Racing to keep from eliminating some of their smaller racing classes: such as 250GP, 750 Supersport, Pro Thunder and Formula Xtreme.  The 250 GP class is the Slide Rule that others were drawn by !!

Petition against the removal of AMA Racing classes  

TreyBone

The Pro Thunder class has been gone since last year. I say let them do what the hell they want to so the other organizations can try to run them with more enthusiam then AMA

My .02

Baltobuell

On the Buell board the AMA is basicly known as The Jap Daddy inline 4 racing group. If Fusa got fair factory support or TV time, who would bother with AMA anymore. The factory teams have way too much built in advantage anyway. Ducati, Aprilla, Buell, Honda, Suzuki Kawasaki, Everbody gets a fair shot in FUSA. That is commonly known as integrity. All the AMA is now is a marketing tool for oriental manufactures, and that's a shame. FUSA ROCKS!

peanutbritt

QuoteThe Pro Thunder class has been gone since last year. I say let them do what the hell they want to so the other organizations can try to run them with more enthusiam then AMA

My .02

HMMM...you have a point there.  Who are the national organizations that are going to step up? CCS?

Baltobuell

I think somebody already stepped up. FormulaUSA Thunderbike. If you're on the westcoast you are getting overlooked though. Maybe next year they'll expand the series.

G 97

I think the changes the AMA made with regard to the classes are a good thing.  Lets face it, two strokes are on their way out on a world level.  In addition, only a handful of riders make the entire schedule and then realistically only two to three can win.   With the change in the Superbike rules, which is a good move, Formula Extreme had to be repositioned and the new 600 class is a very good idea.  The only change I do not like is eliminating the 750 Superstock as this was the closest to a privateer class.  But with 600's and 1000's improving 750's are getting squeezed.  As far as Pro-Thunder I think the AMA made a bad choice but that was over a year ago.  All things considered,  I think streamlining the classes and concentrating on only a few classes will make the overall race product better.  
As far as FUSA being a true national series I would have to disagree.  It has turned into more of a regional event that draws only a few "national" teams, most of which also compete regularly in the AMA.  
G

Eddie#200

QuoteOn the Buell board the AMA is basicly known as The Jap Daddy inline 4 racing group. If Fusa got fair factory support or TV time, who would bother with AMA anymore. The factory teams have way too much built in advantage anyway. Ducati, Aprilla, Buell, Honda, Suzuki Kawasaki, Everbody gets a fair shot in FUSA. That is commonly known as integrity. All the AMA is now is a marketing tool for oriental manufactures, and that's a shame. FUSA ROCKS!

Tell it like it is! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TZDeSioux

750 superstock is retarded. It's a freaking Suzuki cup race. Gay I say.

sdiver68

I don't mind losing 750 SS, like Brian says its a Suzuki Cup race.  I think one of the revised classes will be the new privateer class, like probably FX.

2 strokes are dead in the US.  Sorry Brian but that's reality...not to mention USGPRU will probably pick it up, or FUSA maybe.  Besides, 2 strokes are eligible for FX, it's just that Rich Oliver says he has no interest in trying to compete with the big boys ;)
MCRA Race School Instructor

TZDeSioux

TWO STROKES WILL NEVER DIE MAN!  >:(  HAHAHAHA You ever seen those guys? they're like failed mad scientists.  :P

MightyDuc Racing

250 riders are like a cult, so it won't ever die.  What I think killed it for the AMA is that only two guys can win.  Oliver and Sorenson have actually been a large part of what killed their class.  Don't misunderstand, I am a big fan of the 250's.  However, the 250's on the world stage generally have a 3-5 bike battle at or very near the front and man is it exciting to watch.  Most people at a superbike weekend don't want to watch Oliver win by 45 seconds, Sorenson run another 15-30 seconds ahead of Turner, and then Turner be another 30 seconds ahead of a small chase group making up the first battle for position way back in 4th or 5th.  The 250 race, with it's sweet, one-of-a-kind smell in the air, is probably my second favorite race.  Pro Thunder was my favorite, but that's gone.  The 600 SS class is always exciting, and that's now my favorite, but if they keep cheating, that'll change.  The superbike class is third, thanks to the fact that privateer riders don't have much chance, and up until now, the only Duc to root for with a chance was "I can't finish a race" Gobert.  I am interested to see what happens next year.  I will miss the 750SS class, but I don't know that it will change much if they do a 1000 SS class.  We'll see...hopefully they don't screw it up.  By the way, I would love to race in the Thunderbike next season, but can't because my bike isn't legal.  My bike was actually built for and raced in the AMA Pro Thunder series, but can't run the FUSA class cuz the frame has no vin #.  That sucks! >:(  They need to update the rules for the older bikes to at least let us race.  It's not like I have a chance to win against 996's, etc, but I'd sure like to try.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Baltobuell

Mighty Duck, If the only reason is a VIN# Then you can race. My bike was built from parts and Kevin said as long as I had recipts to prove it was all legit it was OK. I think the point is no stolen, or trick racing frames. The guy that built mine bought the frame direct from Buell, It's no different than any other frame, but is stamped For Race Use Only. I don't know anything about Ducatis, is the rest of your bike legal for the class?

MightyDuc Racing

It's not a stock frame...it was built by Bruce at BCM Ducati.  It eliminates rear sets and is chromoly, I believe.  Regardless, the bike is based on a model that is now 10 years old, and the motor is air-cooled and only two-valves.  Should they exclude a bike like mine from a class it was originally designed to race?
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Baltobuell

I dunno, but I'd ask. The guys that make the rules obviously know a whole lot more than me. But a handbuilt frame probably puts it into pretty special company. But it never hurts to ask.

MightyDuc Racing

Pretty special company shouldn't boot me from so many classes...this is racing, right?  If I wanted a street bike, I'd ride on the street...just my .02.  Done venting now.  I'll probably shoot an email or two over the Kevin when I get a chance. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: