News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

VIR June 27-29:  8 lap sprint races?

Started by ecumike, June 18, 2003, 05:00:45 PM

ecumike

eastonrae24

I dont think so.  Last time they ran at VIR they fell behind on day one and ended up runing 6 lap sprints on sunday.

ecumike

So you're saying they ARE supposed to be 8 instead of the usual 7 laps?... to what do we owe this pleasure?

Peanut

Check the news letter, we are doing 7 laps, if that's right..... ???

davegsxrold929r

???you will never do 7 laps and especially never do a 30min race there ., every time i go it is a 6 lap enderance race and 6 lap sprints ., ????? ::)

ecumike

I'll have to disagree.. I've done 30 min enduros, and 7 laps plenty o' times there.

r6_philly

This is the third year I have been going to VIR for races, and I remember finishing a GT race ONCE. Sometimes get cut short 5 minutes before the race, but I have only seen checker flag ONCE, and they messed up the results til the next day.

I still enter them and race them, but you gotta treat GT races at VIR like sprints, get up front as soon as possible. If you wait, it probably going to be stopped. I think VIR is more physically and mentally demanding than summit and other tracks, and a lot more people make mistakes in long races and causes red flags.

ecumike

Yea I agree.  I'm running the GTL, seems like we have 'less' issues, as I've seen the checkered a few times.

THE_D.O.C.

QuoteThis is the third year I have been going to VIR for races, and I remember finishing a GT race ONCE. Sometimes get cut short 5 minutes before the race, but I have only seen checker flag ONCE, and they messed up the results til the next day.

I still enter them and race them, but you gotta treat GT races at VIR like sprints, get up front as soon as possible. If you wait, it probably going to be stopped. I think VIR is more physically and mentally demanding than summit and other tracks, and a lot more people make mistakes in long races and causes red flags.

when do you not treat them like that? it's only thirty minutes?

xlr8tn

the schedule i saw showed 25 min GTU race...and i'm pretty sure that the clock starts when the 5 minute board goes up ... so that leaves us with actual 20 min of racing.  So, at $2.80/min, $56.00 for full out racing and $14.00 of it just sitting on the grid, it really equates to a sprint race.

-brent

bmfgsxr

isnt that weekend a fusa national weekend. that could be the reasoning behind it. i wish i could make it down that weekend, but its just not in the cards. >:(

ecumike

Yea, I don't know how long the ACTUAL race is, I just go full throttle until I cross the checkered flag.
I never keep track of laps or time.. is that bad?

Shlt, I barely keep track of what gear I'm in :-/