What is Grand-AM Cup at VIR June 28-30???

Started by TreyBone, June 06, 2002, 01:31:58 PM

TreyBone

What is the deal with the VIR schedule for June 28-30?  I have never heard of a grand-am cup race in CCS. It is listed on the schedule on the web site. Can someone give me some information on this event.  Are we combined with a NRRS or something?

Thanks

steve gould

I called CCS and they told me it was a CAR RACE!!!

r6_philly

its a street stock car series.

I cant wait to see the imports battle

CCS

Yep, these are the "low-end" (if there is such a thing in car racing) sports cars. Things like 'Vettes and BMW Z-3's, the same group we had at the NRRS race their last year. There won't be as much switching back and forth as last year, so less down time for clean up.

It'll be fun!
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

TreyBone

WTF? >:( So now we combine events on one weekend with cars? Now no real friday practice all day. Only 1 round on Saturday, and they have not stated how many rounds for Sunday :(.   I smell a cluster comin'.
 Maybe it's just me, but i like running all day Friday for 80-100 bucks. Then the normal gig on Sat/Sun. The price is the same but our track time is being reduced.

WHOO that felt good,  (had a long day at work :-/)

I just hope this doesn't become something regular at VIR or anywhere else. ???

Just venting
my .02

r6_philly

personally I only run 1 practice on Sat anyway...

and when they combine am/ex races to cut time short, I love it cuz I can try to follow you experts... although I may be bitchin about it next year when I am one too... hehehe

You should do the Team Challenge on Friday then. I would love to, but can find no partner

THE_D.O.C.

don't worry, they used to screw up bike racing with legends cars too. they charge you the same. you get less practice. it takes FOREVER to clean up after the cars too. good ole CCS fattening that bottom line that we spoke about a few weeks ago. go ahead kevin....... tell us how this is gonna be good for the sport yada yada. ::)

TreyBone

I didn't even think about the clean up and everything else involved.  What about Tech Inspections.  How clustered up will that be? >:(

I get it... have two sanctioning bodies just split the cost ( or whatever prorated system ) of the track time so the bodies in question can save the money on track rental.   :-*

I just don't get it.  Is there any word from the "Powers That Be" if this may become a regular occurance in our sport? ??? Let's all hope and pray this is the only, and last time it happens. :o

unoigo

I wonder if the gate fee is going to be jacked up due to it is a conbined race. If I am not mistaken, the normal gate fee for CCS is $25 plus camping. Is it going to be more since the cars are racing as well?