News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How many 250 racers can we get to MAM?

Started by motomadness, June 17, 2003, 02:22:57 PM

motomadness

I would like to know how many 250cc racers plan on attending the MAM race during the 4th of July.

I met this gentleman by the name of Jim Hall.  He help me tune my carbs at Gateway and told me that he and his sons plan on racing that weekend, so count on probably 3 of them and me.

Does anyone else plan on going?  TZ_boy, Super_Duck, anyone.  It could be a nice field like we had at the last BHF round.

Also, the Hall family has been to the track several times, so maybe we could all collectively tune our bikes better and see what kind of smack down we could bring to the 4-stroke world.   ;D

Tezboogie

Me!!!
Naw.... I'm just kiddin. I wish I could get on one of those things though, but I'm already to tall for the regular stuff. Good luck though.

motomadness

Thanks Tez.

It's interesting how there are these sub-races within the larger race.

I would like to be not only the fastest in LWGP, but also the fastest 250 rider.

Protein Filled

Hey Sean,

Matt Hall (Jim Hall's son) is real fast and still a novice. I raced him last year and he was doing 17's at the old BHF with a 1989 TZ!! Not bad! He has been riding on the track for a little while doing track days, but does not race too often. His brother is pretty fast too. Jim Hall used to race AMA 250 GP's at one time.

They have been to MAM before, since I remember my buddy telling me he was there for one of the CRA weekends last year that I missed and they won everything they entered. Their bikes are always perfect and Jim really knows how to tune them to get the most HP out of them. I don't doubt that you guys will be giving 4 strokes a hard time. It's a perfect track for a fast 250.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

TZDeSioux

Sean.. I won't make it to MAM. I don't think Paul is gonna be going either. Had it not been scheduled for the fourth of July weekend, I'd go for sure but no can do this time which sucks ass because I love that track. It's too bad I can't go and run some 1:38's  :P

Matt Hall is real fast for a novice. Jamie Hall is pretty quick too but the last time he was at blackhawk he highsided himself to the moon and destroyed one of their bikes. The old man really does know how to tune the crap out of those bikes.

Edgar.. where the hell have you been? Howcome you no show up at BHF mang?

K3 Chris Onwiler

For the first time ever, I have to agree with everything that Edgar said.  (Oh, that hurt...)  To boot, Jim is one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and his kids are just the kind you'd expect a guy like that to raise.  They were key figures in a Hustler report from last year.  Let me see if I can find it...

-----------------------------------------------------------

About this time, a really nice older guy wandered up, trailed by his three ridiculously handsome sons.  Normally, I don't notice stuff like that, but these young guys just made me feel like the aging gorilla that I refuse to believe I am.  They introduced themselves as the Hall clan.  The father's name is Jim, but at this point, I can't remember the names of his sons.  Jim is some kind of senior engineer at GM, so he's obviously a very smart guy.  Within minutes, it became obvious that he's forgotten more about rebuilding motorcycles than I'll ever know.  Before I could blink, these guys were all over my bike, hardly leaving a bolt for me to turn myself!  Understand that I'm a damn good mechanic in my own right.  I'm one of those guys who always gets the call whenever someone is having a mechanical crisis, and I sometimes feel like I've worked on every bike at the track, so this was a totally unexpected turn of events for me.  By the time we were done, I had learned a few new tricks, and was most impressed by the camaraderie and sportsmanship of the Halls.  Naturally, they then insisted that I share dinner with them.  Not wanting to dine empty handed, I grabbed a couple of steaks from my cooler and threw them on the huge pile of raw meat.  It turned out that one of the Hall boys is a chef, and let me tell you, the kid can cook better under starlight than I can in a fully equipped kitchen!
-----------------------------------------------------
I later found out that one of the three young guys was a friend of the sons, and not actually a son.  Otherwise, this about sums up the Halls.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

tigerblade

QuoteSean.. I won't make it to MAM. I don't think Paul is gonna be going either. Had it not been scheduled for the fourth of July weekend, I'd go for sure but no can do this time which sucks ass because I love that track.

In the interest of helping the 250 guys out, I'll be by to pick up your bike this week so it can be run at MAM in your absence.  Crank up the preload.   ;D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

TZDeSioux

QuoteIn the interest of helping the 250 guys out, I'll be by to pick up your bike this week so it can be run at MAM in your absence.  Crank up the preload.   ;D

crank up the preload eh? you that fat? I've got this bike set up for my fatass. Being 6'1 210lbs on a 250 aint easy but neither is being so sexy. You don't need to crank no preload in.

tigerblade

Quotecrank up the preload eh? you that fat? I've got this bike set up for my fatass. Being 6'1 210lbs on a 250 aint easy but neither is being so sexy. You don't need to crank no preload in.

Hmm.  That may work after all.  I bet I lost 10 pounds at Gateway.  Gotta get those perforated leathers!  
Younger Oil Racing

Protein Filled

Hey Brian,
I missed BHF for a couple of different little stupid  reasons. I should have been at the last one if it wasn't for things falling apart at the last day when I was all ready to go. I will be at MAM for the next weekend though.

I think Tigerblade has the right idea. You should let the CCS community try out your 2003 TZ, since it's not supposed to just sit at home on a race weekend, and just cuz you can't go doesn't mean that the bike can't play. I also volunteer to race it for you... ;)
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

TZDeSioux

QuoteHey Brian,
I missed BHF for a couple of different little stupid  reasons. I should have been at the last one if it wasn't for things falling apart at the last day when I was all ready to go. I will be at MAM for the next weekend though.

I think Tigerblade has the right idea. You should let the CCS community try out your 2003 TZ, since it's not supposed to just sit at home on a race weekend, and just cuz you can't go doesn't mean that the bike can't play. I also volunteer to race it for you... ;)

Okay... you and Krissy can race my bike. Good thing the new parts I ordered came in. I'll have the bike all ready for you guys this week. I'll even pay for your race weekend. So load up the credit card and send me the bill. It's on me guys!  ::)

tigerblade

Sweet!  I'll put some gas in it.  I'm supposed to put some weedeater oil in it too right?  Nevermind, I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Younger Oil Racing