News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Awesome weekend with CCS racers

Started by prov431, June 17, 2003, 12:32:05 PM

prov431

I just wanted to say that my wife and I had an absolutley fantastic time at RRR this past weekend. We met some really great people too.
The best part though was the respect each racer showed for one another on the track. There were no stupid moves, no tight stuffs...just clean fun, safe racing. That is, in my opinion the best anyone could ask for. Kudos to everyone that was out on the track!!!! :)

TreyBone

I got to admit, I had one of the funnest weekends I have had in a long time. Atmosphere and competion was great. Had some good battles, and not to mention DRY, DRY, DRY for once thank God ;D

riopko

I had a great time as well. One question, does anyone know the condition af ameture #79. He and his wife were pitted across from me. He went down in turn two Sunday on an RS 250. His wife took him to the hospital to get his leg checked and I did not see them again before I left. I packed their trailer before I left and wanted to make sure everything was alright.
 ???

ecumike

Yes, same here. Had a great weekend despite my off-road low-side in T1. Having a dry track was very nice, and it was nice to meet you Trey, and Dan, and Matt B.

prov431

Mike,
I didn't realize that you had an off track excursion...hope everything is ok.
The only down side of the entire weekend was the damn heat. Before and after my races I was wanting to head out and talk to people but I was so freaking hot I just sat in front of my fan most of the time trying to keep cool for the next race.
I'm looking forward to the next round at RRR. I'm going to definately try and make it:)
Thanks again to everyone that raced cleanly...I can't say it enough...what a great weekend racing with you all!!!:)

ecumike

RRR?... how about VIR next weekend?

TreyBone

VIR     I'm in there like swimwear ;D

prov431

I've got my bike cleaned up and prepped for VIR, just need to mount new rubber ;D
I think I'll be doing just 3 races on Sat. and cornerworking the other days....well that's my plan at this point anyway! (it would be silly to not make it to VIR since it's only 20 minutes from my house ::)

eastonrae24

Dont mean to get off the subject.  But since this is also a formula usa weekend at vir does this mean its really going to be crowded?  Has anybody been to a weekend with formual usa running the same weekend?

ecumike

Oh yea, I think so.
CCS @ VIR is usually crowded, NRRS @ VIR is usually crowded... add the 2... double the crowded. :)

TreyBone

It will be crowded as shiznit. Every VIR date is crowded lately. I'm getting down Thursday afternoon so i can register and do all that crap. I am not racing at all Friday, so I will just run a couple of laps to scrub the tires in for Saturday and sunday.

prov431

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to a great back of the 2nd wave start. Can't wait!
I'm planning on registering Friday morning for Sat. races. Trey, I may need you to scrub some tires for me too, if you can handle all the power of the Ducati that is :)

TreyBone

I'd be glad to scrub some tires for you... and NO, not with a scrub brush and some soap ;D  I ran a friend of mines gixxer750 last year when I was assisting Matt with the riders school.  

If you are serious... just let me know. I can knock down a couple of laps for ya..  Friday is going to be my "take it easy and have a good time day" ;D

ecumike

Shoot... maybe next time I'll ask you to scrub mine in for me, Trey, since I can't seem to do it quite right :)