News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway Stories

Started by Dawn, June 16, 2003, 11:52:47 AM

Super_KC124

You did pass me after the stunt action off the line. ;D I was behind you for the highside crash and in front of you on the lowside one. Your right about my turn 7 incedent. I got a good drive out of 6 and went straight to the inside. He made a real abrupt dive into the corner. He probably didn't see me at first. That was fine. What pissed me off, was when he did see me he wouldn't give me any room. I was allready on the inside of him. Oh well, I kind of did the same thing last year to one of the Lacavich's. Except he was passing me on the outside going into 3. My lack of experienced showed and I couldn't tighten up my line. He ran off the track but stayed upright and passed me a lap later. You shouldn't pass on the outside in turn 3. I'll take 50% of the blame on that one. ;D (He told someone I T-Boned him. ;D)

tigerblade

QuoteNope, sorry. You going this weekend for Star? Wish I could go. I told my wife that would be a great Father's day present.  ::)

I'm signed up for Saturday and might try to go Sunday too.  I need the help!  I'd like to do one of Super Dave's schools too but he's too far away!   :-/
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Super Dave

Too far away?  I have people coming from the east coast.  Knowledge is power.  What will it cost you to learn?  Took me years and years of racing and easily hundreds of thousands of dollars.  And you can dirve 500 miles and pay less then $300 for some knowledge...  

You can take the time off and do it...  or hope that you learn it on your own. ::)

My Gateway was ok.  Four thirds and one fifth (ULGP) on a borrowed bike.  I feel like I don't have any of the serious balance problems that I had last year, and my hearing is still ok in my right ear.  Hope to have my R6 back again soon.
Super Dave

2002zx6r

Ike, Sorry you missed the weekend at gateway.  Man what a tough track.  Not a lot of places to pass.  As far as number 45 (am).  That dude was fast until he decided to highside coming down to nascar pit lane.  I was right behind him.  WOW.  I think someone got it on tape.  
talk at you later (171 am)  The one riding the 2002 green ax6r.   Dwayne.

tigerblade

QuoteToo far away?  I have people coming from the east coast.  Knowledge is power.  What will it cost you to learn?  Took me years and years of racing and easily hundreds of thousands of dollars.  And you can dirve 500 miles and pay less then $300 for some knowledge...  

You can take the time off and do it...  or hope that you learn it on your own. ::)

Sheesh Dave.   ;D  I'll get up there sometime.  I've got your site bookmarked.  I'm going to Laguna so I can't make the 17th date but I'll try to hit the September one.
Younger Oil Racing

Speedballer347

everyone's laptimes dropped about 3 seconds on their onboard timers :D ....ahhhh, the magic of two beacons placed on the front straight ;D
The printed transponder times on Sunday brought reality back :-/

Weekend highlight for me was getting to see Super_Dave, Gorden and a couple others going into T1 on-fire....looked insane, intense, and scary.

Good to finally make it back to the track and see everyone again since the first round at BHF's.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

tigerblade

Erik,

I haven't had a chance to look at the video we have yet.  I'll let you know if we got anything good.   ;)
Younger Oil Racing

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteIt's not going to work.  You boys are too old to have any energy for those type of establishments.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Dawn   ;)
Paul's most frequently repeated line for the weekend.  "K3, are you asleep?"  My response, "Uh huh."  I wasn't ready for that heat!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Dawn

QuotePaul's most frequently repeated line for the weekend.  "K3, are you asleep?"  My response, "Uh huh."  I wasn't ready for that heat!

LOL!!!

If you had enough gas you could have run the generator all night and then run the air conditioning.  If you get too hot at BHF, let us know, we could find a place for you to bunk.

Dawn   :)

Super Dave

QuoteSheesh Dave.   ;D  I'll get up there sometime.  I've got your site bookmarked.  I'm going to Laguna so I can't make the 17th date but I'll try to hit the September one.

Excuses, excuses.  I'll be at Laguna.  I have to teach the school.   ;D

And K3, Topeka and MAM will be warmer and more humid probably.  Hotel rooms for those places...
Super Dave

tigerblade

QuoteExcuses, excuses.  I'll be at Laguna.  I have to teach the school.   ;D

Hey I was cheering #26 on this weekend.  Gimme a break.   8)

Younger Oil Racing

GKing

Quoteeveryone's laptimes dropped about 3 seconds on their onboard timers :D ....ahhhh, the magic of two beacons placed on the front straight ;D
The printed transponder times on Sunday brought reality back :-/

If you set a minimum lap time on your on-board timer that is 10 seconds than what you expect to run there can be 20 timers on the front straight and some on the back and they won't affect your timer.  I know the XT Ultra timer has this function.  It also has a maximum lap time.   ::)