News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Mystery bruises?

Started by ecumike, June 16, 2003, 11:20:33 AM

ecumike

It seems that every time I race or do a track day, I come home with a couple bruises that I don't remember how they got there.  This weekend, I've got a bruise on my forearm, inside bicep and just above my achilles tendon.

Anyone else experience this weirdness?

I don't remember hitting any of these places on anything, unless I was just too pumped up for racing and didn't realize it.

Dawn

I would suggest talk to your doctor.....

Dawn   :-/

spyderchick

They are the result of alien abductions occuring locally in your area. After talking to your competitors, they suggest that you immediately quit racing. :o  ;) ;D

Seriouly, you probably got them when you were all hyped up on addreneline. I get them while just working. I started to tell myself, "hey, remember you did that so you know where the bruise came from", but now I just remember that I told myself I'll have a bruise, half the time I still don't remember the cause.  :D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

bfkidd

Yeah, I get them too. Kinda weird but I forget about it after a couple of days.

TreyBone

I got one too on my arm in the same place. I think it is because the arm length on my leathers is a little to long which causes the leathers to wrinkle up a little and push into your skin. When you go from side to side on the bike you just dont realize it because your so pumped up racing.  That is the only explanation I can think of ???

Also, it was good to meet you this weekend finally. We had some good racing going on there for a little while ;D See ya at VIR ;D

ecumike

Yea, they don't hurt or anything, just happen to find them in various places. I'd never know they were there if I didn't see them.

Yea, Trey, it was good to finally meet you this weekend. If you 'want' to call that racing, yea. :)

I think you were just a little bored, so you decided to take a backseat and try to see some action ;)

Sun sucked b/c of the problem with my bike, but I think we (well actually, Matt) figured out what the problem is/was. Hopefully I'll have it fixed by VIR.

See ya there!

prov431

Hey guys, it was a great weekend...good to see you again Mike, even though we didn't chat for long. Trey, nice to meet you as well.
All this time I was thinking I finally bought a bike that was fast enough.....I should have got a bigger one!!!!!! That RRR straight is llllllllong! (and even longer when people are blowin by you!) Anyway, Bambi and I absolutely had a fantastic time, and I even got some first time wood:) See you guys at VIR.

MightyDuc Racing

My vote is the leathers bunching up and pinching the skin, and the achilles is probably about where the leathers end and the boot presses them against your leg.  Just a guess, but I got the achilles bruise at the first Moroso.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

pmoravek

Is this anything like waking up in a motel room in a tub full of ice with one of your kidneys missing?

tigerblade

QuoteIs this anything like waking up in a motel room in a tub full of ice with one of your kidneys missing?

For STAR school at Heartland Park last year I stayed at a crappy motel close to the track.  Parked next to my truck was a scary looking pickup with a box of surgical gloves and a stryrofoam cooler in the front seat.  The kidney thing was my first thought!   :o  :D
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

ecumike

Duc, good call on the achillies thing. That's probably how that got there. This weekend was my first in these new leathers. Maybe I need to roughen (er, soften) em up a bit ;)

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteIs this anything like waking up in a motel room in a tub full of ice with one of your kidneys missing?
Ironically, I did almost that at Gateway a few years ago.  The kidney was still there, but you couldn't have proved it by me at the time...  Took me darn near an hour just to get out of the tub!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com